Skull Whitening

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, I shot my nice buck last rifle season in Creek County. Decided to do a Euro mount and when we boiled the skull and when we cut, picked, pulled and scrapped the "meat" off the skull it came out with a yellowish tint. I assume most of this may have been from the fats in the deer, etc. I wanted this skull perfect so searched on line for the best method. Lots of different options out there. I finally settled on this product in one of the pictures. It worked like a charm, and fast.

IT is the consistency of hair conditioner so i applied with a small cheap paint brush. I purposely didn't do the teeth as i wanted the contrast and it worked great. Brushed on a thick coat last night. Brushed on another thick coat this morning then hung it out in the sun all day today. Washed it off under hot water after work tonight. Damn thing nearly glows in the dark now. Couldn't be happier. Now i just need to find a nice rustic rough sawn and heavily aged piece of 2x10 wood to mount it on.

What do you all use to whiten your skulls?

IMG_2157.JPG
IMG_2158.JPG
IMG_2159.JPG
IMG_2160.JPG

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use the hair developer volume 20 or 40. make sure you clean the developer off after using or it will continue to make the bone brittle. If you leave it on to long it will crumble the bone, believe me i have one that is so brittle!
I havent tried this yet, but watched a video on youtube and they said to put mop and glow on it after ward to protect it and keep it from getting yellow from age. same process to use a brush and paint it on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom