Slaughterville Knives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good luck at the show, I met Dale at the last gun show here in Purcell neat guy and he makes awesome knives, I would highly recommend making it out to see him and picking up a knife or two, you will not be disappointed.

Dale Atkerson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good luck at the show, I met Dale at the last gun show here in Purcell neat guy and he makes awesome knives, I would highly recommend making it out to see him and picking up a knife or two, you will not be disappointed.

thank you, I appreciate the support of fellow knife makers. You make some damn fine knifes yourself. I think Matt has some tables left, and I would enjoy the company.

Dale Atkerson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you ever take on people interested in learning how to make knives? I have ALWAYS wanted to make my own knife, but have never been a position to get setup to make them, nor had the knowledge necessary but would love to learn.

I am willing to help anyone who want's to start out at knife making. I believe the more people that make knives, the more awareness there will be to custom and hand crafted knives, therefore more knives sold. Good for everyone right. However you should know, getting set up at the level to which you are grinding your own blades can be somewhat expensive.

Dale Atkerson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Beardking, what you may want to do is checkout some of the knifemaking supply websites. Jantz is a local OK company, and are great people to deal with. Look at some of the kits and see what you think. Some of them are fairly simple to =assemble. These take minimal tooling and can give you an idea if you want to persue your interest further without a major investment. However if you do invest in an expensive grinder and decide you don't like it and want to unload it cheap, I'm your guy. LOL That's how I got some of my equipment that I otherwise could not have afforded.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, and to be honest, I haven't given it much thought. But if there is enough interest I would. I can research the cost and find out.

Next knife I have in mind will be a unique custom boot knife, and I would want part of it serrated, is why I was asking. I'm thinking the design I have in mind is going to be quite the challenge, but the end result would be well worth it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom