Small pears

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like citizens need to step up…. Wine, beer, or sprits for personal use is no big deal to me, like the growers do for personal use.

Yea you’ll see me advising it’s a slippery slope and won’t ever vote anything used to enslave humanity for profit but I will always call out the slave masters in Washington

Quite frankly when you have to convict Al Capone for tax evasion, there’s something wrong,

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To make brandy you do and it's legal since the tax has been paid if using store bought stuff.
Edit: Nobody is going to come to your door to see if you have distilled anything if you don't offer it for sale. This isn't an episode of moonshiners.
Too much work. Lol. I may have had kin folk that almost went to the pen back in the day. Have you ever sat and watched a still, I hear it's as exciting as watching paint dry.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My mom use to freeze hers and in the off season take them out and add spices to them to make them taste like apples and make pies and turnovers with them and no one knew they was pears instead of apples.
We've got a slew of pies in the freezer. Blueberry, apple, pear.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone want walnuts let me know, Most burn them around here to control the squirrels . Very small this year but seems to be more than enough as I’m tired of picking them up

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My mom's pear tree did the same thing--lots and lots of small pears that didn't have much flavor. I meant to try some while I was there today (I saw a bunch of them still on the tree, although the leaves were mostly gone), but I plum forgot about it...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone want walnuts let me know, Most burn them around here to control the squirrels . Very small this year but seems to be more than enough as I’m tired of picking them up
We have well over 20 walnut trees on our 3-acre yard. Thousand of nuts on the ground.
The recent rain helped get the ground soft so I can take the cement filled roller around the yard and punch them into the ground so we don't roll an ankle walking over them.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have one or two on Walnut Road 🤣

those are a real gift stepping on them off the porch. My sprang ankle took several months to heal

Last edited:

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm good , this is all I want to fool with. Me and my Mom are the only ones that like them. I left the squirrels a bunch. They're in the pasture so out of sight, out of mind.
IMG_20221106_171612146.jpg

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea I’ve got 3 ea 5 gallon buckets and a billion more to pick up. Wish the damn things drop all at once, I’m down to a dozen really big trees on maybes a quarter acre city lot in my mind. You don’t want those around your house as I’m tired of burning fallen limbs…..

just went Rambo and spent 3k getting them down to a manageable level 😊 The guy loved me as he took the trunks for boards.

Latest posts

Top Bottom