Smart Shelters storm shelter installed today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, the guys came out and got my new shelter installed in a little over 2 hours. I was lucky that there was no jackhammering involved.

image-668571193.jpg

image-3546922870.jpg

image-1387075417.jpg

image-2634339286.jpg

I am pretty happy with it so far. It's small, but will serve it's purpose. Someone said they don't like the two piece lid. Well, if for some reason the locking clamp failed or was covered in debris, you can pull some pins and push the back section up

Let me know if anyone has any questions. I can try to answer them later today.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

austin.brown

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Very nice. How do you deal with debris that might cover the door?

I have a buddy that has one like this. There is a manual winch mounted to the back wall of the shelter. If there was debris on the sliding door, The winch should be strong enough to slide the door back enough for ventilation until the debris is removed from above.

garret01

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I would also be interested to hear about installation/EF ratings/ and approximate costs.

As for the insurance thing... Insurance agents only care about what will reduce their liability. What difference does it make to them (from a policy/cost standpoint) whether or not you have a shelter? An alarm system will deter a break in, so that discount I get. Maybe you should tell them how many guns you own. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom