Smart Shelters storm shelter installed today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would also be interested to hear about installation/EF ratings/ and approximate costs.

As for the insurance thing... Insurance agents only care about what will reduce their liability. What difference does it make to them (from a policy/cost standpoint) whether or not you have a shelter? An alarm system will deter a break in, so that discount I get. Maybe you should tell them how many guns you own. :)

From a liability standpoint you would think a storm shelter would reduce cost in not paying medical claims and death claims from storms.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting that they didn't need to poor more concrete or infill around the box.

I wondered how they would backfill and anchor to the slab, unless they do it all under the flared lip.

When I was at their showroom I was able to get the locked lid to come open by just pushing down and then out on it. I know I could have fixed that, but I know me, one day I'll step on it and fall in.
That's not such a big deal when you're in it as they have that chain thing. I still didn't like the chain thing though, the chain weld to the body seemed like a weak spot.

austin.brown

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I would also be interested to hear about installation/EF ratings/ and approximate costs.

As for the insurance thing... Insurance agents only care about what will reduce their liability. What difference does it make to them (from a policy/cost standpoint) whether or not you have a shelter? An alarm system will deter a break in, so that discount I get. Maybe you should tell them how many guns you own. :)

What guns!?!?!?!

boat.jpg

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From a liability standpoint you would think a storm shelter would reduce cost in not paying medical claims and death claims from storms.

There is no liability to be found on part of the homeowner if an F4 tornado demolishes a house and kills any non-resident persons therein. It's just a case of "poop happens."

That's a callous answer, but an honest one.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone have a rough idea on the price of these? I see only the deposit listed on their site and I am too lazy to call them this second.

Latest posts

Top Bottom