Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was wondering who has one and how good they are. I have the opportunity to get one and wanted some feedback on it. Would you think it's fair to trade a Rock Island Armory 45 for it? Thanks

mavrick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one and it runs like a champ with just about everything I feed it. I think the mags are nice you just have to pay attention to how they are stacked and you shouldnt have any feeding issues.

dustin

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was wondering who has one and how good they are. I have the opportunity to get one and wanted some feedback on it. Would you think it's fair to trade a Rock Island Armory 45 for it? Thanks

I have both, and enjoy both of them very much. Yes, I think if conditions are the same, it is a pretty even trade.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love mine....so much fun to shoot and is pretty dang accurate. Had a few FTFs out of the box but after a few mags it was all good, she spits out every round now.

natgas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really enjoy mine; so does my wife; at our last outing at Heartland, a young boy of about 8 was admiring it and I let him fire off a few with the permission of his dad; it really excited him to get to shoot the 'black'!

It's just a fun gun to have

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one as well. Runs and shoots very well. Only occasional feed problem I've had has been with bulk rounds, sometimes one gets hung in the mag feed lips. Usually I see that round has a dent or not perfectly round casing causing the problem.

One of my most fun guns for sure!

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just like everyone else has said...it's a great gun. Also, I like it better then the colt because it breaks down like a normal AR.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds good, thanks for all the reviews guys, definitely helps make my decision easier. I mainly want it for my kids. If I get it, Im going to have to put threads on the end for a muzzle brake and front sight, the barrel just looks too plain.

mavrick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just like everyone else has said...it's a great gun. Also, I like it better then the colt because it breaks down like a normal AR.

This was the selling point I hated cleaning the Colt and the GSGs for that matter. I also have a sig 522 and it runs like a champ as well

Dustin