Smokers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 51785

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Competition bbq is for one bite. Kind of sucks to eat a lot of, can’t blame you for not wanting to compete. Spend a fortune for just to show some yahoo on OSA you can win… Good call on your part.
that's you're opinion about what a bbq competition is all about and for whats it's worth i would say what you think ain't worth much especially considering some of the winners have gone on to be very successful. btw, no one cept you said anything about impressing anybody on osa but like i see often with you and a few others here you like to throw yourself in the middle of something that had nothing to do with you just to see what you can stir up. i leave it there but go ahead and have your say it don't matter to me.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you're the one who started it not me. i was making a general statement not my problem that you took it personally and felt like you had to respond with a quote of what i said. now if you want to "leave it lay" that's ok with me if you need to have the last word that's ok with me to
So, honest question, have you competed?

Birdseed

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I am on y second Traeger, gave the first one to my baby brother, and got a new one, set on 500 and it gets there quick. The trager controls temperature very well and we use it for the control. We also have a Kamado Joe, which gets FOGO lump charcoal. The Joe is a steak cooking machine. We have cooked most everything on both.

Attachments

• IMG_0536.jpeg
    IMG_0536.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0

user 51785

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So, honest question, have you competed?
no sir ain't good enough and i know it. been to more than a few though and ate some really good bbq. also had a bunch made on pellet smokers and like i said it's pretty good just not up to what comes out of a wood smoker. i do know a couple guys who entered. one did okay with a business till he got killed in a accident the other just cooks for family and some small events once in awhile. he don't make a living doing it

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
no sir ain't good enough and i know it. been to more than a few though and ate some really good bbq. also had a bunch made on pellet smokers and like i said it's pretty good just not up to what comes out of a wood smoker. i do know a couple guys who entered. one did okay with a business till he got killed in a accident the other just cooks for family and some small events once in awhile. he don't make a living doing it
I haven't either, but I started out with a wood smoker, offset fire box and moved to the pellet smoker as it was less work. Honestly now, I couldn't tell the difference in taste between the two, but that took a lot of learning over the years. And im always trying new things so the learning curve continues.

user 51785

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I haven't either, but I started out with a wood smoker, offset fire box and moved to the pellet smoker as it was less work. Honestly now, I couldn't tell the difference in taste between the two, but that took a lot of learning over the years. And im always trying new things so the learning curve continues.
well sir i am sure your bbq is very good and if i ever had the chance to try some i would enjoy every bite. never meant to say pellets ain't good so i'm sorry if i came off that way

Latest posts

Top Bottom