Snakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spent some pension money first day of this month. Went to Bass Pro shop in Broken Arrow. Bought a pair of Cabelas Treadfast 16” snake boots. Tried 1.5 mile walk in them this morning, flat trail, quick pace to see how much they hurt me, rub me raw, and where they bind the worst. Just had to stop halfway into my walk to loosen the top laces a bit. Felt like my calf muscles had swelled up as I walked. Way better after adjusting. Could have used these 40 years ago. Any one have field report on these kind of boots?

Attachments

• IMG_0190.jpeg
    IMG_0190.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spent some pension money first day of this month. Went to Bass Pro shop in Broken Arrow. Bought a pair of Cabelas Treadfast 16” snake boots. Tried 1.5 mile walk in them this morning, flat trail, quick pace to see how much they hurt me, rub me raw, and where they bind the worst. Just had to stop halfway into my walk to loosen the top laces a bit. Felt like my calf muscles had swelled up as I walked. Way better after adjusting. Could have used these 40 years ago. Any one have field report on these kind of boots?
I have a similar pair like that. I wear them when in my woods.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Curious if they are true to size. Used to be able to order shoes and they would fit. Seems now they have 2-3 sizes difference.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Curious if they are true to size. Used to be able to order shoes and they would fit. Seems now they have 2-3 sizes difference.
Tried on size 9, my normal shoe size. Seems right. Plenty of toe box room, fits good, so far. I would never buy any footwear without trying them on. Or pants. All these different manufacturers, different countries of origin. Loath returning merchandise.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When riding bike deep in the woods, what do u do when encountering a snake on the road. ??? Do u wear snake boots to protect your legs , or anything like that ?????
If I’m deep in the woods, why am I on a road?

The only rule I have is don’t get bitten by a snake. It’s served me well over the years

Latest posts

Top Bottom