Snubbies!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How short do they have to be to be snubby?

i1036.photobucket.com_albums_a450_1mathom1_shooting_624_zpsd473468a.jpg

i1036.photobucket.com_albums_a450_1mathom1_shooting_65_3_zps691cb5c2.jpg

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My no dash chief's special in SS.

i144.photobucket.com_albums_r176_myersrg_60b.jpg

I have owned a SW 38 for 30+years and did not know alot about it, it was my headboard firearm, and really rarely shot it. I presumed it was a 36 or Cheifs Special, not sure which, did not really care in the past, it was just handy to have in case something went bump in the night. Now looking through this thread, I am more currious.

Of all the S&W .38's posted here, my blued one seems to be this exact model of this SS one Chief63 posted in every detail I can see. What does the term "no dash" refer to? Anything else you can tell me about it. I have two sets of S&W wood handles, one large and one very small. Wifey likes the rubber ones for grip.

IMG_20141109_192954705.jpg

Thanks for all the info and neat pictures.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My no dash chief's special in SS.

i144.photobucket.com_albums_r176_myersrg_60b.jpg

Really nice SS S&W

I have owned a SW 38 for 30+years and did not know alot about it, it was my headboard firearm, and really rarely shot it. I presumed it was a 36 or Cheifs Special, not sure which, did not really care in the past, it was just handy to have in case something went bump in the night. Now looking through this thread, I am more currious.

Of all the S&W .38's posted here, my blued one seems to be this exact model of this SS one Chief63 posted in every detail I can see. What does the term "no dash" refer to? Anything else you can tell me about it. I have two sets of S&W wood handles, one large and one very small. Wifey likes the rubber ones for grip.

View attachment 43449

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Bumping this way cool thread because of some new additions. A couple of new ones have refueled my quest for more snubby's! Top left is a 34-1 22lr. Correct grips will be found for the 34. Bottom left is a 66-1 purchased from the original owner with box and docs. In fact, the 66 was ordered by my dad when he was an FFL in the late 70's.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 43449

238shooter, i'm going to revive the thread again! the dashes on s&w revolvers are design changes made over the years. a no dash is kinda like a first edition of a book. open up the cylinder and look at the crane. there will be a model number. in your case it will be a 36-something. if you pm me your serial number, i will give you the approximate date of manufacture and the changes leading up to that particular gun.

Last edited: