So when Constitutional carry passes and is signed into law

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, yall keep paying your 2A rights tax...mmmkay
I look at it this way. It's like a passport. You don't need a passport to travel within the United States but if you desire to travel outside of the country, you need a passport--so only those who want to travel outside the country will purchase one. It's the same with the Oklahoma Handgun License. If you don't want to travel outside of the state with your gun, then fine. As of November 1st, you're welcome to do so. If you want to carry your gun outside of the state, then you'll take the extra step to purchase the license that will allow you to do so. Of course, if other states start to extend reciprocity to Oklahoma for Constitutional Carry the way we have to those states, then I may change my mind on purchasing the OK Handgun License.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Does oklahoma do this for all open carry states? I was told by a gentleman that we do not. Does anyone know for sure?
Yes. I don't think there are any exclusions but I'm not positive.

This was passed a couple of years ago and is one of the reasons that it was such a joke that we didn't have permitless carry for our own citizens.

ETA: Yes, if by open carry you mean permitless carry.

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Things are looking better, actually. Remember when we didn't even have the SDA? Then, in 1995, Boom! Get a license; and you carry your pistol legally. Now we have Constitutional Carry soon to take effect. That's cool; even beter in fact. And if you want to travel out of state, you have the option to get an Oklahoma SDA license so you can do so, again, legally. This is all fine with me. I don't look at this in any negative manner; I think our rights are in much better shape than they were just 20 years ago and gradually going our way.

This whole thing about being "held hostage'' and infringing on our my rights just doesn't fly as far as I'm concerned. $60.00 is a small price to pay to keep me out of trouble with the law. Try living in many other parts of the world and you'll realize just how fortunate we are. That's all, carry on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom