So when Constitutional carry passes and is signed into law

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And that is what pissed me off. Somebody from out of state who resides in a state with CC could legally carry here in Oklahoma without a license and I couldn't? Glad to see this got passed and signed, as it should have been long ago. That was dumm.
I was watching the live feed from the senate when it was being debated, if I understood correctly what was going on people were asking questions of the author of the bill and that was one of the arguments she made.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All open carry states or all Constitutional Carry states? There's a difference.

I hate to be “That Guy”. But there really is not a difference. Open carry is open carry wether you are doing it as a result the constitution or having a permit. I’ve never understood why people think there is some magic divider that changes the act. If I am carrying a firearm on my hip for all to see, I am openly carrying that firearm. The definition/condition/circumstance makes no difference.

I bet that will start a whole new argument here! Ugh.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In terms of lawful carry and the variety of laws among all the states, there is a huge difference between open carry and constitutional carry when it comes to reciprocity.

Open carry can still require a permit.

Constitutional carry is typically enacted to allow certain forms of carry by non-prohibited persons, without a permit.

In other words, a state that allows open carry may not be a constitutional carry state. So when the question was asked if Oklahoma allowed residents of open carry states to carry here, it’s relevant to point out the distinction between the two concepts.

See what I’m getting at?

Last edited:

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In terms of lawful carry and the variety of laws among all the states, there is a huge difference between open carry and constitutional carry when it comes to reciprocity.

Open carry can still require a permit.

Constitutional carry is typically enacted to allow certain forms of carry by non-prohibited persons, without a permit.

In other words, a state that allows open carry may not be a constitutional carry state. So when the question was asked if Oklahoma allowed residents of open carry states to carry here, it’s relevant to point out the distinction between the two concepts.

See what I’m getting at?

Understand and agree.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not having read the new law, are you saying the open carry is permitted by SDA only until Nov? After that it is ONLY by SDA or CC or both? I'm cornfused.

:ooh2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom