So ya wanna be a gunsmith???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would you describe that Murray course as "hands on". From reading the College website curriculum seems very "classroom"

I worked with a guy at H&H who went thru their program -- dammit I can see his face but cannot remember his name to save my soul. If Robert or Chris couldn't work on my guns, I trusted him. None of the other yahoos back there got to even look in my direction. I dunno who's there now so none of this counts. They may be really good. Or really not. I have no idea so this post is not to reflect on the gunsmith counter in present context in any way.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Would you describe that Murray course as "hands on". From reading the College website curriculum seems very "classroom"
I don't know exactly what you mean by classroom but, it is very much hands on from what I was told when I took the lathe course. I think they trained on the lathes I used and mills also. Once when I tried to trace down who built a 1911 10mm pistol on a Caspian slide and frame that I had for sale, I was told that the MSC school used to buy about a dozen 1911 kits each year for the class. If you meant sitting and listening to lectures, it is way more hands on I believe.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was privileged to live down the road while growing up to a Gunsmith of over 60 years and a Farmer. Both noble professions! He taught all us boys around and some Dads about working and cleaning on Guns.

He always told us a good gunsmith is hard to find, so learn to work on them and you won’t have to look hard to find one!

Last edited:

Sgt Dog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If anybody ever needs an obsolete part hit me up. I have thousands I need to get rid of.
Marlin Model 39 bolt. I believe 39A works but I'm not certain.

SPDguns… I’ve got 5 ARs under my belt. You saying I’ve more to learn and not ready to put my name beside Harry Pope, Peterson or Niedner?

Thats like saying legos don’t qualify towards engineering. Dude! That’s harsh😂😂

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

SPDguns… I’ve got 5 ARs under my belt. You saying I’ve more to learn and not ready to put my name beside Harry Pope, Peterson or Niedner?

My bad…..😉

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I'll try to remember to look. Had a 39 with no stock and bad barrel knocken around someplace.

Latest posts

Top Bottom