Solutions for yard drainage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have problem neighbors. everyone has them, and they're quite the pain. They've planted a garden along the fence between our two houses (i live in a subdivision), and their frequent watering has led to runoff that is contaminating my yard, flooding it and killing off my grass. I want to fix this, as conversations with them have not resolved anything. would a french drain dug into the area where its flooding leading to a dry well be a good solution? I have a lot of clay in my soil, as a lot of people in central Oklahoma. I am planning on rent my house out this summer/fall, and want to create a permanent solution that requires very little to no maintenance in the long term. Money is extremely tight so I will be trying to save money and go about this the cheapest way possible.

any other good/easy ideas?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, it was done as part of the purchase on our house. No way I am digging that thing, it was a monster. Probably 24x24 and a run along 80-100 feet? I don't know, honestly.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe they are using something to kill bermuda in their garden plot that is running off when they water. Soil sample to test it and then check into the laws that should be in you favor.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check your city ordnances some have a ordnance where you cant have runoff to your neighbors or onto other easements with the exception of natural events. If the city does have this ordnance then you can force the neighbor to fix the problem at their expense.

Latest posts

Top Bottom