Solutions for yard drainage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ah I see. I only need about 30-40 feet and likely a 6" pipe.
You can make an inexpensive drain with coarse (1" or larger) gravel (we always called it "chat") and perforated PVC septic pipe.

Put some chat in the ditch (make it 6" or so wider than the PVC pipe), then lay the PVC and cover it with the chat to ground level (or very nearly so). Be sure to point the holes more/less downward (the pipe I've used had two rows of holes approx 90 degrees apart), so the PVC will be less likely to fill up with dirt and sediment.

Just my 2¢ ... :drunk2:

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Railroad ties or Concrete against the fence.
We have a house that the water runs off the hillside behind. Prop belongs to city and they told us tough.
Hired a drainage company who sculpted the lawn, put in drains and looked good. those heavy rains last year flooded the house even worse.
Hired a crew of do anything for a buck guys, Had them tear out that crap.(wife was furious) dig a ditch along the sidewalk, pour concrete and make a 6 inch x12 inch concrete ditch down the length of the house and towards the street. put extensions on gutters to flow into ditch.
put a row of railroad ties against the fence with dirt and grass like a dam to point away from house.
Completely cured problem. Got it done cheaper than the drainage guys originally charged me for their crap.

Latest posts

Top Bottom