Some old automatics...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

NikatKimber: thanks. Shooting outside is good, but I don't do it very often. I end up lugging all sorts of junk outside, and spend so much time setting up, that I might as well just clear off the dining room table. That said, I do admire peoples photographs outside that place a gun in some natural setting. Those look good.

Gunrunner: they have the original finish, they are in pretty good finish except for some thinning on the backstrap and a few marks here and there. Definitely taken care of considering they are 86 and 90 years old. Was your grandfather on the NYPD? I've seen military stamped ones, IIRC, but never police stamped. I figured they'd all have police positives.

Gunrunner45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

NikatKimber: thanks. Shooting outside is good, but I don't do it very often. I end up lugging all sorts of junk outside, and spend so much time setting up, that I might as well just clear off the dining room table. That said, I do admire peoples photographs outside that place a gun in some natural setting. Those look good.

Gunrunner: they have the original finish, they are in pretty good finish except for some thinning on the backstrap and a few marks here and there. Definitely taken care of considering they are 86 and 90 years old. Was your grandfather on the NYPD? I've seen military stamped ones, IIRC, but never police stamped. I figured they'd all have police positives.

No at one time he was the mayor and a reserve officer of a small rural town in Missouri. He died when I was 16 and my Grandmother gave the gun to me so I have no idea where he got it.

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is another oldie I picked up last week. A Harrington and Richardson Self-Loader in .32. They made them from 1914 till the early 20s, but they were such hot sellers that many sat on the distributors shelves until 1940 when they were last offered in catalogs. They never caught on like the Colt and Savage autos. Not a popular gun, but interesting. I'm impressed with the quality of the build. Its way better than a H&R revolver I had. I need to take it out to shoot but the holidays and the end of the semester are always hectic for me.

ai13.photobucket.com_albums_a263_Forindooruseonly_1HandR.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom