Something Different

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I cast 120 get has checked booolits for mine. You can find universal version of the m1 carbine alot cheaper and just as fun to shoot just not a usgi m1. How did you mount that red dot ??

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cast 120 get has checked booolits for mine. You can find universal version of the m1 carbine alot cheaper and just as fun to shoot just not a usgi m1. You can find universal version of the m1 carbine alot cheaper and just as fun to shoot just not a usgi m1.
Curious what sort of velocity to load the cast to - have heard of people having problems leading the gas cylinder if they go too hot. I try to keep plateds at 1,500fps or less because of that, while I'll load FMJs up to right at 2,000.

The 12" barrel on the Inlands and being originally manufactured as a "pistol" is what gives them the value. Universal did make one with an 11" barrel from '61 to '64, and Plainfield/Iver Johnson/AMAC made versions them with 9" to 11-1/2" barrels from around '65 to '81 or so. If you can buy any of those in shootable condition today for less than $1500 it'd be a good investment.