Something Different

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is another example of John Stahl’s artistry.

IMG_2104.jpeg

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is another example of John Stahl’s artistry.

View attachment 413466
I believe I have everything here I'd need to do that except the obsidian and the skill... ;) Which he obviously has in abundance! I can buy obsidian, skill is just a wee tad bit more difficult to acquire. Took me 7 years & 3 months to finish a class in machining that should take about 8-9 months full time. If I'd worked that long and hard when a friend gave me the antler, and flint and such, back when there was a flint knapping group on Yahoo Groups, I might have some skill at knapping. Coulda, woulda, but didn't. Too many other distractions. Like job hunting, and working when I finally got a job.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably the sharpest knife you'll ever own, until and unless you get another obsidian blade.
He made my son one and he skinned his first deer with it. Yes this is is first deer. As a matter of fact this was his first time hunting. He's been grounded for 15 years (its not right and its not fair).John told him to get his hunters safety course complete, and he would put him on a deer. 265lbs. I tell ya, it's not fair.!!!!!
IMG_20230925_181456.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom