SPAM Museum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some friends stumbled across this unique tourist site today in Austin Minnesota. They sent several pics including one of the bacon powered motorcycle. There’s a whole big world out there just waiting to be discovered.
IMG_0725.jpeg
IMG_0726.jpeg

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SPAM is still very popular in Hawaii … been to a few restaurants that had SPAM on their breakfast menus.

As technology improves, canned/shelf stable meats could capture market share. When I was in a R&D role, I had a broker present a shelf stable prime rib to me. It tasted and looked horrible … but showed how product development is evolving with packaging improvements. Some day they may get it right.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
SPAM is still very popular in Hawaii … been to a few restaurants that had SPAM on their breakfast menus.

As technology improves, canned/shelf stable meats could capture market share. When I was in a R&D role, I had a broker present a shelf stable prime rib to me. It tasted and looked horrible … but showed how product development is evolving with packaging improvements. Some day they may get it right.
When we were there, the McDonalds had Spam on their menu.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Indeed, WW2 changed the islands in a lot of ways.

"The true root of the island's love for SPAM® products goes back to World War II, when the luncheon meat was served to GIs. By the end of the war, SPAM® products were adopted into local culture, with Fried SPAM® Classic and rice becoming a popular meal. The unique flavor quickly found its way into other Hawaiian cuisine, from SPAM® Fried Wontons to SPAM® Musubi, and SPAM® products became a fixture for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Today you'll find SPAM® dishes served everywhere from convenience stores to restaurants, reflecting a demand that is unmatched by any place in the world."

Latest posts

Top Bottom