Speaking of planting...I have FREE CILANTRO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lot's of plants these took over my garden
Yes you can freeze it and use at a later date in sauces..Or dry it..i never dried it though.

Anyone want some just PM me and come here with a container bunch of small ones like egg carton..
come get some..no pesticides. and it will grow till the heat cooks it out, it will go to seed by then and harvest those. cilantro winter.jpg

SDS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man I wish I could get anything to grow that well. If the offer still stands after the weekend I may be in touch. I have way too many things going on this weekend already.

SDS

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know i lived On the corner of shady nook and NE46th in spencer for 9 years or so..That area used to be a peach grove..
Very sandy well drained good soil....Could grow anything i stuck into the ground..My minnows would stay alive under the dripping water faucet...could change out 100% of the minnow water and not hurt the fish..

Moved here to Yukon Wow!!! soil is solid crap..could not grow a thing for 3 years except weeds...
Flushed my minnow bucket with minnows in it with the tap water like i always do....2 seconds later all minows are belly up!!!!!

I ran as fast as i could to the creek with minnows floating in bucket..flushed with fresh runoff water...lost all but 4 minnows...

You want to drink OKC water ...Dirt sucks also.
I have 4 tons of sand in my garden hole along with a pickup bed of steer manuer and peat humus mixed into my small garden area
Yes tilled deep every year....
I got over 100 volunteer cherry tomato plants year before last...last year i only got about 10 ..Had some volunteer Bokchoy..chineese cabbage..awesome stuff...Now i save those seeds...they will grow and not die off all the way down to 25 degrees Fahrenheit....Yes i tested it....many times....about time to plant some of those.. 45 days or so to harvest.

Yes i will still have some of this later, i think...

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the first year I've been able to do a garden in a few. I sure hope I get something from it. I started one last year but between my neck, the heat and the chickens it didn't fare too well ... This year I'm feeling better and the chickens are penned up. I may put some fencing up around my raised beds so I can still let the girls out every once in a while, but they are now "kept up" women ... lol

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you very much, swampratt. It was nice to meet you and your wife. GC didn't tell you but you live on block over from a Trooper friend of his. Really nice guy! I got the cilantro in the ground.

I made the mistake of going by TSC with GC in the truck and now we have 6 little baby Cornish Cross chickens in the garage. Guess we are gonna butcher some chickens in about 10 weeks. Just wait until he has to pluck pin feathers. Then those rabbits won't look nearly so bothersome to him! LOL

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I enjoyed our conversations also always nice to meet good people.
TC has some chicks...HHHMMMM i have a small chicken tractor that may need some eaters in it..

Latest posts

Top Bottom