Speaking of planting...I have FREE CILANTRO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I enjoyed our conversations also always nice to meet good people.
TC has some chicks...HHHMMMM i have a small chicken tractor that may need some eaters in it..

ROFLMAO!! They are $1.99 each, you have to buy 6 ... If you don't want that many, buy the minimum and call me. I'll buy what you don't want from ya.

I figure that $12.00 for 6 chicks, plus the $20 for a bag of feed (I'll let them free range too) to get them to butchering weight ... even if I only get 4 lbs of meat from each bird ... is $2 a pound. But I figure I'll get at least 6 lbs from each bird so make that $.88 a pound.

Plus I have all the organ meat to cook (I kinda like chicken livers! ;) ) Plus, I have fresh chicken to make stock with and can feed the offal to the laying hens. (My hens are kinda spoilt. They get warm treats on cold days ... :lookaroun ) On top of all that, I don't have worry about how the meat was treated before it got to me. Nevermind that if you have ever eaten really fresh, real free-range chicken, you will never eat KFC again without complaining ...

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never had to cover it in the 3 years i have had it..
It will look wilted and dead when it freezes..then as the temp increases during the day it will perk right back to non wilted fresh looking growth.
The summer heat will dry it out...but should have gone to seed by then..seeds that are brown and BB size

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SUCK! that is terrible..my chickens are a bit picky. can't tell it from how big they are.
But i have chicken wire around my garden now...protect those onions and some seeds i planted.

I weeded my garden and counted my cilantro plants that i have left..I quit counting at 80 plants...
Come get them if you need them..about 5 plants will be plenty for me..they will go to seed in the summer and i will have enough for hundreds of plants again..

COME GET SOME FREE CILANTRO

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SUCK! that is terrible..my chickens are a bit picky. can't tell it from how big they are.
But i have chicken wire around my garden now...protect those onions and some seeds i planted.

I weeded my garden and counted my cilantro plants that i have left..I quit counting at 80 plants...
Come get them if you need them..about 5 plants will be plenty for me..they will go to seed in the summer and i will have enough for hundreds of plants again..

COME GET SOME FREE CILANTRO

LOL ... I'll give you a holler and try again. The girls won't be getting out anytime soon! I'm just gonna pull weeds and stuff and drop it in their pen with them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom