Spent two hours with a Deputy today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleeperx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad you caught them. Your willingness to allow them to camp after harvest will probably stick with them more than their punishment. Once they realize they damaged a nice guys property. As opposed to just thinking "that farmer is just an ***HOLE!" Thanks for taking the time to be a role model.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good job, Dennis. Both on catching the "perpetrators," and on being a stand-up guy for them after harvest is done in allowing them to camp out.

By the way, maybe the ones that were caught can give you a clue as to who your "locals" were? Wouldn't hurt to ask, especially after offering them a camping place later.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it was a good teaching moment. I'm sure none of those kids had that level of intervention by LEO previously.

I talked to the dad of the 16 yr old that thought he had permission quite extensively today. He said his son loves camping, etc. I told him that once things got settled, wheat cut, etc, I'd go down in the woods with a tractor and clear them a camping spot, if he would call me when he was going to be there, and was going to be adult supervised.

I'd hate to be the ogre that busted a kids love of being in the outdoors.

Way to go Dennis! Teach them the lesson first then teach them why doing right is right. Hopefully they take you up on it.

Fatboy Joe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FRPLF5QAE5EQ6T20Q2.LARGE.jpgGet some of these.

Latest posts

Top Bottom