spikes order

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxxchaotikxxx

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
First of all i am sorry if there is already a thread on this and if there is if someone could redirect me to it i would appreciate it. I recently ordered a complete upper from spikes tactical, and was unaware that my order was not in stock. I am new to spikes website, but I realized that if it has 3 red asterisks next to the item the item is NOT in stock. The upper i ordered did NOT have the 3 asterisks so i was expecting a week or two before i could expect it. after 2 weeks I called the receptionist (who was very helpful and polite) and she said it would be 4 to 8 weeks before my upper would be shipped. Is this normal? and shouldn't I have been informed upon purchase of the waiting period? I have never ordered an upper before and not really sure of the "average" waiting period on something like this. anyone else ever have the same issue or same issue with this company? BTW I am not badmouthing spikes I love their products and will still continue to do business i am just curious and would greatly appreciate any input.

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Think that is typical on a lot of stuff from Spikes. If you want something Spikes, try and find a dealer that shows it instock. You will have a better chance at getting it faster and can potentially save some dollars.

xxxchaotikxxx

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
After i posted i did some more research and i found another site that has a similar thread and a lot of people are saying the same things about them. Apparently they don't update their website hardly ever, so it is my fault for not doing the research before my purchase. i guess a lot of people have been having the same problem since about early 2010. I guess that is the price i pay for an impulse buy from a company I am not familiar with. I bought a complete spikes lower from a local private seller and just wanted to have a matching upper and lower. I am still convinced i will be happy with the purchase whatever the outcome. I just wish i would have been aware of the wait period before they accepted and took the money out of my account. Thanks vdub for your input.

Captain Mike

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a good experience with them about 3 weeks ago. They sent me 1 part out of 3 that was incorrect and was not the one on the invoice. I called, spoke with them for about 5 minutes. The next day they emailed me a return postage sticker and I sent it back. They upgraded the 45 dollar part to a 75 dollar one because they were out of the one I ordered. They didn't charge me a dime.

I tried to order a lower from cmmg 2 weeks ago. they had it listed on the website and no indication of backorder. Called them to order with LE discount and they said out of stock on .223 lowers with 2-3 week wait or longer. 9mm lower "would be considerably longer." Said thanks and placed order with Double Diamond. Morale of story, call and ask if they have it and lead time. I would have ordered online if I didn't need to call and speak with them about LE discount. Got lucky on that one.

It sucks that it will be a long wait, but on the bright side they do have some good products at a good price. I have a Spikes 14.5" lightweight and it is good to go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom