Springfield champion ss problem?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Upon close examination it lookes like the magazin's (both of them) are almost to short to allow for proper feeding? The bullet is catching on the bottom of the feed ramp....I'll go get some Willson's and see how that works out for me...I'll let you all know how it works out...and thanks for the input guys I do apreciate it. And yes I thing the gun should work 100 percent out of the box and i am not happy right now.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sorry guys but for me, if I bought a gun, I expect it to work right out of the box without any additional work ($$$).

Is that unreasonable when it comes to a 1911?

Yes. I've rarely ever seen one out of the box that worked 100%. They almost always require at least a minor tweak here and there, particularly with extractors and magazines.

Edmond

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes. I've rarely ever seen one out of the box that worked 100%. They almost always require at least a minor tweak here and there, particularly with extractors and magazines.

That makes me hesitant to buy a new one.

I'm really thinking about a SA Mil Spec but the principle of spending extra $$$ to have a new gun worked on to make it run right really doesn't sit well with me.

But the 1911 hunger is strong within me!

I guess the P2K will have to do, for now...

But I'm seeing a couple of decent sale ads for Sigs so I might jump back into a Sig.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personally, if I were to buy a new in the box 1911 it would be a S&W. I've owned Springers and Kimbers and currently own a Wilson KZ-45. Every one of them needed something done to make them reliable enough to meet my requirements.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've bought and sold a number of 1911s. Only one I had a significant amount of problems with was Kimber and STI. Bought two STI single stacks and they BOTH went back. Someone might want to hit up Pete156 about the little Springfield GI champion I sold him a few years back. I don't think he's had any problems with it.

I've owned several Wilsons and not one need anything out of the box except my KZ-9 was shipped with faulty mags. (setup for .38super)

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So how do I check the Extractor tension or is that something I will need to take to a Gunsmith or back to Springfield to correct. I don't want to send it back and have to wait 3 months to get it back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom