Springfield Hi-Power??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just curious all you who are so hung ho and excited...is it because of the price point?

It's cool but not like its earthshattering. I think it's cool they're going to continue on the platform but there no shortage of Hi powers out there.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious all you who are so hung ho and excited...is it because of the price point?

It's cool but not like its earthshattering. I think it's cool they're going to continue on the platform but there no shortage of Hi powers out there.
There's no other factory made HP without the trigger safety, with 15 round mags standard, and made in the USA. It's certainly not a new gun but it's something not offered in a factory HP before. I think it's pretty cool. Then again, I'm always excited when a new gun comes around. I'm glad to see a healthy gun industry that's able to offer something like this. I've never liked the HP before...but I might like this one just because of the upgrades.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bet this is why you haven't seen any of the Turk import Tisas BHP clones in a while. They're saving them all for SFLD.
From the website:

Made in the USA from a forged steel slide and frame the SA-35's iconic style carries a host of modern features that unlock the true potential of this time tested design.
https://www.springfield-armory.com/sa-35-series-handguns/sa-35-handguns/
With it having a forged frame, slide and barrel, radiused hammer to eliminate hammer bite, extended safety, no magazine safety from the factory, beveled magwell and relocated serial number, this is a BHP lover's dream. And at their price point? Yeah, these will sell well. I'll probably get one myself.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What’s desirable about the relocated SN?
The SN on original HP's was stamped vertically down the front strap. If you wanted to checker it (they're pretty thin so you rarely see checkering) or stipple it (much more common), you had to leave a window unmodified where the SN is.

ISbA96Xl.jpg

path13.jpg

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From the website:

https://www.springfield-armory.com/sa-35-series-handguns/sa-35-handguns/
With it having a forged frame, slide and barrel, radiused hammer to eliminate hammer bite, extended safety, no magazine safety from the factory, beveled magwell and relocated serial number, this is a BHP lover's dream. And at their price point? Yeah, these will sell well. I'll probably get one myself.
In all honesty I will never be able to afford one, but I did handle one years ago and liked the feel of it and the way it pointed. I am not a target shooter so these things are important to be.

Latest posts

Top Bottom