Sprint cup drivers in Nationwide races....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lkothe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll watch paint dry before I'll take the time to watch another Sprint cup driver win another Nationwide race. What do they gain except money for the promoters.....it's like seeing Lebron James play ball against Tulsa 66ers, Peyton Manning go against Alabama etc etc.
Pro's against semi-pro drivers...a waste of time and energy.

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They've all got the same stuff. Besides.....how many seats could they sell with a bunch of wannabes out there assuming they could fill 43 spots.

Coz

Peabody

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm about done with nationwide until they quit letting cup drivers race. Same with the truck series. I don't mind cup drivers owning nationwide or truck teams. I think that is a good thing.

I'm just sick and tired of watching cup drivers beat up on nationwide and truck drivers.

I'd like to see the young talent in both series compete and win. Watch the cream rise to the top and win the race, not place 3rd or 4th b/c of cup drivers that have more talent.

Plus those guys could use the 1st place money.

It's like tiger woods and company competing in the nike tour events. It's stupid.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had always assumed they did it for extra practice for the real race the next day. I don't really care for it though.

The cars are so completely different now that what used to be true about extra practice really doesn't work now. It's just one more opportunity for guys (and gals) who love to race to get more time behind the wheel. NASCAR no longer lets the Cup drivers gain points so the eventual champion is a true Nationwide competitor. Last week Regan Smith won the Daytona Nationwide race and he's racing for the championship so what does it matter if there are Cup drivers in the field? Watch or don't watch. I doubt if they care. I love seeing cars on the track and will watch every race I can.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree to what Coz said. They all have the same equipment. And cup drivers arent awarded any points for running in the NNS series or truck series. it doesnt bother me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom