Squeaky Leather Belts/Holsters/etc..!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petersonb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I bought my CB SuperTuck, I also bought the leather carry belt from CrossBreed.

I've owned it for several months now, wearing it daily.

IT SQUEAKS!
and I can't stand it any more. So far, I've tried talcum powder and white candle wax. It squeaks worst around the buckle where the excess length goes through that loop, but it also squeaks where the SuperTuck clips are, and if I have a mag holster or my Ka Bar TDI attached.....

Does anyone have a solution to this? The powder and wax only provide a (VERY) temporary fix. I was hoping it was one of those "you'll have to break in the new leather" things, but it's not.

Thanks for any suggestions!

petersonb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always wear a nylon Wilderness Instructor belt with leather holsters. Eliminates saddle creak.

See, I was thinking maybe I should get a different belt, but I spent $60-70 on this one :(

Not only does it creak with a holster, it creaks by itself (where the excess goes through the leather loop).

Extremely frustrating, but thanks for the info! I'll look into a nylon belt. I'm assuming it's very sturdy too? and 1 1/2" wide?

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Use some kind of leather preservative oil or conditioner on the belt and holster. It softens them up and eliminates the squeaks. If the holster is one of the
molded types don't use much on them though.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
See, I was thinking maybe I should get a different belt, but I spent $60-70 on this one :(

Not only does it creak with a holster, it creaks by itself (where the excess goes through the leather loop).

Extremely frustrating, but thanks for the info! I'll look into a nylon belt. I'm assuming it's very sturdy too? and 1 1/2" wide?

You've never heard of Wilderness belts? :ugh2:

http://www.thewilderness.com/storepinnacle/

Latest posts

Top Bottom