Squib with a can???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just one of the hits when looking up Norma issues. Same ammo I'm using....

Screenshot_20231117_071708_Reddit.jpg

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would also contact Norma they may have got a bad lot out in circulation and may fix you up correctly.

Do not toss them.
If you do wish to not contact them and want to toss that ammo I would be pleased to shoot them through my 357 and measure velocity from every shot.

Of course this could be a group effort as i am in the crowd now that has shot their chrony and need to buy another. or shoot with someone that has one.
Just saying.
Would be nice to chrony the entire box of that ammo.
If i get 2 squibs then time to take all that ammo apart and measure powder charges etc etc for science sake of course.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
EEEEHHHH bullets could vary a tenth as could powder and cases can be 4 tenths but usually not that far off for same box ammo as I have taken many loaded factory rounds apart for rifle ammo and it stays pretty consistent.

But does not hurt to weigh some that's for sure.
Too bad you even have to go there.

Schlafftablett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As long as none of the baffle material got pushed into the bullet path, I wouldn’t worry about it.

Funny story, a friend and I were shooting his first F1 .22 can maybe 10-15 years ago. We were shooting and he missed the target with one round. All the sudden the can got noticeably quieter with no other issues. When we were done, he realized the bore hole was now oval. The miss was apparently a baffle strike that bent up 4-5 of the stamped baffles. Didn’t affect accuracy and the accidental “re-engineering” made it even better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom