Statewide organized, locally supported &sustained rapid response/emergency volunteer group(s)...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Head Mule

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend of mine and I were discussing joining/starting a group of like minded individuals willing and able to assist local authorities/communities in cases of all form of need.(yall can figure out what type of "organizations" im referring to. Trying to avoid the internet snoopers). Not the nut job idiots, I mean the REAL version. Any help locating/contacting would honestly be appreciated. Thanks Yall

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Each county emergency manager has a list of resources from every county and the neighboring counties in the bordering states, as well as private entities with S&R dogs. Each group will post up for availability, and if your agency arrives without being requested they most likely won't use you, especially for S&R. Oklahoma is actually pretty organized in this aspect. Swift water rescue, trench rescue, high angle rescue, grain bin rescue, heavy vehicle rescue, S&R, mass casualty, HAZMAT, etc are all just a phone call away in nearly every county in the state. City and rural fire chiefs know what resources are available in their area also. Not sure what area you're in but seek out a local rural dept or some depts are both paid and volunteer.

Head Mule

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Each county emergency manager has a list of resources from every county and the neighboring counties in the bordering states, as well as private entities with S&R dogs. Each group will post up for availability, and if your agency arrives without being requested they most likely won't use you, especially for S&R. Oklahoma is actually pretty organized in this aspect. Swift water rescue, trench rescue, high angle rescue, grain bin rescue, heavy vehicle rescue, S&R, mass casualty, HAZMAT, etc are all just a phone call away in nearly every county in the state. City and rural fire chiefs know what resources are available in their area also. Not sure what area you're in but seek out a local rural dept or some depts are both paid and volunteer.
Good place to start. I'm a transplant of almost 4 years now, and this is my home. Hopefully tragedy/evil never hits anywhere, but, I feel it is duty as a citizen of this great state and the human race in general to help where needed if possible

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As has been posted in other threads, the government resources haven't shown up while outside resources are taking charge in the Helena hurricane situation in multiple cases. FEMA which should have been set up knowing the track of the hurricane has given their money away to illegal aliens.
Never rely on government to help the American Citizens when giving billions to Ukraine, Israel, Lebanon which is attacking Israel and Iran that is attacking everyone and supplying money we sent them to fund it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom