Staying Signed in on the work computer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nic6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
'Tis a right of passage you know.... Just like watering the plastic plants in the lobby.

I never lock my laptop during work hours. Just one more benefit of working from home and having no one else here during the day. :)
I don't lock mine for different reasons also nobody is here😉

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back when i had a computer at work i had it set where it would log me out after a certain inactivity time cause i never knew when i would have to jump up and leave quickly, now since im home i never log out unless the power goes down no one uses it but me, wife only uses her phone and she has a laptop that she hardly ever uses.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't do it or they'll post silly things when you go to lunch
I once had a prank war going with a coworker of mine. We would constantly change each others screen saver to say something rude. Normally not a big deal until one day when I changed his to say "I LIKE LITTLE BOYS". The big no no came when his screen saver popped up when he was walking around the office with a visiting client. Needles to say, I apologized profusely and never changed his screen saver again. Luckily the client got the joke and my bosses weren't pissed, but that could have definitely gone WAY worse for me.

Funny thing is that our client manager at the time has been my boss for over 20 years now and still tells that story. I don't know how I got lucky enough to end up with a boss that can take a joke so well.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I once had a prank war going with a coworker of mine. We would constantly change each others screen saver to say something rude. Normally not a big deal until one day when I changed his to say "I LIKE LITTLE BOYS". The big no no came when his screen saver popped up when he was walking around the office with a visiting client. Needles to say, I apologized profusely and never changed his screen saver again. Luckily the client got the joke and my bosses weren't pissed, but that could have definitely gone WAY worse for me.

Funny thing is that our client manager at the time has been my boss for over 20 years now and still tells that story. I don't know how I got lucky enough to end up with a boss that can take a joke so well.
Along a similar line, I took a print screen of the guy's home screen complete with the arrow cursor and brought it up in a paint program then full sized it. He hit every key on that keyboard except ESC. He left for a few minutes to go tell the IT department his computer "just froze up!". While he was gone, I hit ESC and exited the paint program. When he came back with IT, all was working again.

I have to admit every now and then I pulled up the same program and took new screenshots.

I guess it is the office version of the tie wrap on the company truck's driveshaft

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We took IT security seriously, an IT professional would have been gone for not locking their screen. An end user would have been warned maybe once.

You would have to go back 20 years for that type of behavior as we had recertification every year as to best security practices.

You couldn’t even share a password for a fellow administrator being locked out…..

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I quess im just a weirdo but i dont believe in pranks and believe that those that does them is just showing their immaturity, i was brought up that if it aint yours keep your hands off unless you ask permission first. Had to deal with it a few times at work but after threatening filing a hostile work environment charge it would quit for a few years til someone new came along.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I quess im just a weirdo but i dont believe in pranks and believe that those that does them is just showing their immaturity,
No you are not a weirdo just different ways we think.

I remember in high school my buddies Tony Dean and Ronnie and myself made a pact to never grow up.
Tony had the idea.
Well I think I am the only one left that has not "matured" :)
Maybe Ronnie.
We always challenged each other to sparing or foot races or climbing trees or chainlink backstops.
I will still challenge Tony but he told me he is too old and fat to do anything.

His car broke down or ran out of gas or something on the highway last year and he could not get over that concrete divider so had to walk a long ways down the highway to get to an opening to get to the other side.
HAHA!
Fattie.
He can't lay in prone position because he has a big belly and Weeble Wobble it is.
He mentioned that one day when we were shooting and he tried to go into prone position.
He is a Marine.
I should not pick on my friends. :)

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I quess im just a weirdo but i dont believe in pranks and believe that those that does them is just showing their immaturity, i was brought up that if it aint yours keep your hands off unless you ask permission first. Had to deal with it a few times at work but after threatening filing a hostile work environment charge it would quit for a few years til someone new came along.

I only ever prank or joke around with people that I know will enjoy it and retaliate in a like manner. If I were working with you, I'm sure I'd find out early on that you weren't into it so I wouldn't prank you. That's not to say that we couldn't be friends, but that I would know and respect your boundaries. That's the important thing. I never (intentionally) prank someone that isn't into it. That's just being a d8ck and I try to avoid that. Almost as much as I avoid being mature. 😁 😁

Latest posts

Top Bottom