Steel Challenge this Sunday in McLoud at Practical Shooting!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are shooting Steel Challenge again this Sunday in McLoud at Wes Elliot's Practical Shooting range. Four stages guaranteed. $10 for first gun and $5 for the second. 100 rounds minimum, if you don't miss, so it's a good idea to bring at least 150. Sign in starts at 0830 and hammer down at 0900! See you guys there!

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome! I'll be bringing my two older boys. It will Be Carson's first match (so we'll need to give him a little coaching).
Now I just need to clean the guns. :grumble:

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How long do these usually run J&K? I might like to squeeze this in.

Anyone feel like coaching a newbee?

Last month we were done by 11:30, but it always depends on the number of shooters. Newbies are ALWAYS welcome and nobody minds helping to get them lined out.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last month we were done by 11:30, but it always depends on the number of shooters. Newbies are ALWAYS welcome and nobody minds helping to get them lined out.

Mitch, I'm going to need some of your fantasticly supportive, but firm, guidance and RO'ing for my 12year old.
With it being his first match attempt, I've been working on safety first and foremost, but trying to get him to maintain a sense of calm and go slowly. He's got the safety part down, but he's going to need some positive reinforcement and help with hits and misses.
I think he'll do fine, but he gets frustrated easily.
Oh, and he's a lefty, so if you see something (bolt release, mag release, safety engage/disengage) that you think he could do better, feel free to coach away. I just tried to find the safe and easy way for him to cycle things since the 22/45 isn't lefty friendly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom