Steel Challenge/USSA/Sun. Nov.7

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G Law

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yes kids, it's that time again. Come out and shoot some steel challenge while the weather is perfect. Sign in starts at 9:22 and shooters meeting at 10am. $15 to shoot, $10 for USSA members and $5 to shoot a second gun. Don't forget to set your clocks back. See you in the shooter box.
Gary

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What exactly is the steel challenge? Is it kinda like the pro-am? What weapons are allowed, how many mags, and what is the round count?

Rob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What exactly is the steel challenge? Is it kinda like the pro-am? What weapons are allowed, how many mags, and what is the round count?

You will shoot six diffrent stages 5 times, there are 4 steel plates and a stop plate all diffrent sizes,shapes and distances,they throw out the slowest time of the 5 and thats your score for that stage. The divisions are center fire optic, or iron sight, same in rimfire. Gary has been letting people shoot rimfire rifle in the past so I dont see that changing. Come out and shoot, its alot of fun

BadgerLB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm new to steel challenge as I've only shot in one.

Will Rimfire Rifles be allowed at this one?

Everyone I've shot I've shot my AR with a conversion kit. That said, it is in a different class. Rimfire pistol iron, Rimfire pistol optic, Centerfire pistol iron, centerfire pistol optic, rimfire rifle iron, and rimfire rifle optic.

No par times, 5 steel, 5 strings each stage, drop worst time.. minimum round count is usually around 150, but I always bring at least 250... most people will help reload mags, but if you're shooting other competitions you probably aren't short on those so i usually bring 5 and it gets me by, you don't need mag pouches, i just set the mags on the table and shoot/miss fast :)

All said, its my favorite match, I've just been short on time lately to make it out, and it's deer season.

:puppet2:

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've only shot in one but my understanding is there's only 8 stages in Steel Challenge and anywhere you go they use the same stages. I think most stages are 4 steel and then a stop plate so a minimum of 5 shots per string. You shoot the same stage 5 times and they total the best 4 for the total stage time. At the one I shot in, rimfire pistol, rimfire rifle, and centerfire pistol were all shot. Need at the very least three mags for each, but more is always better. Round count was 150 but bring more.

If this is wrong I apologize. I'm still a noob at steel challenge.

Latest posts

Top Bottom