Steel targets at lexington?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It can be busy this time of the year with folks sighting in. They have really cleaned up the place and put a choke hold on some of the stupid **** that was happening (blowing up TV's or Microwaves with several pounds of tannerite). I like it now, and have been lucky lately to not run into idiots there.
It's a gamble cause you never know how busy it is before you leave. Avoid the obvious busy times and pick a cold day, and you may have the place to yourself.

Is it worth a drive from yukon? I'd make a list of pros and cons.
What gas milage you get?
How long you gonna stay?
How cheap can you shoot other places?
What do you wanna shoot?
Are you bringing family? FYI I've never seen people act foolish there with children around. Kids must bring out the best in folks :)

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I drove out there to check out Lexington the other day. Hadn't been there in 15 years. They could double or triple the shooting area there, but won't. Range was cleaned up.

Last edited:

DFX

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I spoke with a fella from ODWC that said they are aware of the problems and are planning to remodel and enlarge the range. He didn't have a timeline though.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I spoke with a fella from ODWC that said they are aware of the problems and are planning to remodel and enlarge the range. He didn't have a timeline though.

Hope in my lifetime.^^^^^^^^ lol.

I called the ODWC and complained about the range being small in proximity to OKC. They need to triple the size. She agreed and said to call your senator. Next public gun range is aprox. 100 miles away from OKC. I can remember the old gun range at Lexington and it was a lot bigger. That was 35 years ago or so. Only wish more people would let them know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom