Steel targets at lexington?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there a rule about steel targets at the lexington range?

I am thinking of a 6 inch plate for pistol shooting.
Of course no steel core, no off angle shots (non-perpendicular), wear eye protection, keep target 15 yards out...usual safety precautions

I wonder if i'll get a ticket if the warden shows up and sees a steel target.

Thanks

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
pretty sure the sign says like paper targets only or no metal targets. But i have never had the desire to take anything nice there and place it down range with some of the idiots I've seen there.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats what I thought... Shucks

Most of the time, people are respectful and safe, but every now and then there will be someone special....

Like, when you spend a few minutes to set up 25 clay pigeons on the berm, and then joe shmoe pulls up and empties his AK on the pigeons, then says " I thinks she's ready to go" and leaves.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ordered a 6 inch plate. I will take it and use it when the range is suitable. Once it gets cold, traffic gets pretty slow, which would be perfect.

I bought it mainly for pistol practice, so I can count every hit even after 1+ mags. Paper gets too messy

Maybe ill see you there

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back when I used to shoot there, I would occasionally bring one steel plate and have seen others bring more. Judging from the amount of crap that gets hauled out there, you aren't going to get hassled over a professional target/stand.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have seen people use them out there..
Thinking of going out there today. Do some more reloading of my .308 cases to see when they fail.

Latest posts

Top Bottom