stolen guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Sucks to lose a gun that way, but it only takes a $10 tool to shatter a side glass with little noise and steal everything inside. We were asked by a visitor why we locked our vehicles inside the garage with the door down once.
Its to make one more level of noise that we may wake up to.

That’s why we never - normally - leave valuables in the cars.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s why we never - normally - leave valuables in the cars.
Everyone says that. But what are the chances that the “one” day you leave it in the car is the one day it gets broken into.?
I’m a believer in Occam’s razor and the real answer is it was probably left in the car More often than you realized.
I’m sure I’ll do something dumb like this and I’ll get something stolen, and I’ll admit that I messed up. I hope you get it back. That sucks no matter the scenario

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everyone says that. But what are the chances that the “one” day you leave it in the car is the one day it gets broken into.?
I’m a believer in Occam’s razor and the real answer is it was probably left in the car More often than you realized.
I’m sure I’ll do something dumb like this and I’ll get something stolen, and I’ll admit that I messed up. I hope you get it back. That sucks no matter the scenario

Who give s f**k how often it was left in the car? This is you trying to assign some blame to someone who had someone else break into their car and steal their private property.

It's just like saying a woman who was raped shouldn't have been wearing a tight dress, because she was 'asking for it'. F*** that logic and f*** the person the who thinks that. The blame lies on the criminal, not on the person who assumes their private property will be left alone.

If I keep my gun in my truck, with the windows up and the doors locked, and an alarm set and a flashing alarm light, and 2-way paging on my alarm to alert my alarm remote as well as my cell phone if my alarm is triggered, how many more layers are required before I am no longer to blame? The same vehicle all locked up and inside my garage? How about that window on the side of my garage? Oh, yeah, I've got a home alarm, too. That window would trigger. What if the gun were in my house, in the pocket on my recliner? If they break into my house, circumventing or ignoring the locks, the alarm going off, etc., am I still "partly" or "somewhat" to blame because I didn't take that gun and unload it and hide the magazine? How about if I did, but it wasn't in my safe, locked up while I was out of the house, or in my bedroom asleep? What if it WERE in the safe, but that safe were in my den, and they could bypass all of those layers of protection somehow and steal it? How much of that blame would then lie on me because I had them locked up in a safe, in a secure home, but the safe wasn't in my bedroom and so I couldn't personally protect them and prevent some scumbag thief from going to those lengths to steal them? How many layers of security must I implement before YOU, the ultimate judge of "did you do enough?" will finally say it was enough and I'm not to blame anymore?

My guess is, there aren't enough for someone like you - you want to assign blame all around.

Sure hope no one you know ever gets raped or sexually assaulted, they're likely "somewhat" at fault from the likes of you, no matter what they do or don't do.

Bottom line - thieves are at fault for stealing the property. That's that.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@tRidiot Leaving a gun in a unlocked car is not the same as a woman having fault for getting raped.
It’s about responsibility, not blame. I have no horse in the race, I don’t care in terms of the loss of property.
What if you put your carry gun on top of the s—ter in a public restroom and it was stolen?
Cause that would be a theft according to the law. Still no responsibility?

calm down.
I’m actually offended you liken my response to rape blaming. Fu.
Edit-gonna give you one more FU

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
popcorneater.gif

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Keep an eye out for a Glock 37 gen 3 with night sights, serial number AAE2450. Friend of mine in Pittsburg Kansas had it stolen out of her house by meth heads.

Latest posts

Top Bottom