Storm Shelter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not intending to hijack the thread but does anyone know if there are going to be any decent discounts on storm shelters at the fair?

One of the guys here (Tampabucs) owns a shelter company. He hasn't been on in a while. Let me go check my PMs and I can tell you the name of his company. He has a great deal for OSA members. You might check with him.

ETA: Ryan at F5 ...

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
F5, GroundZero and Flatsafe are all winners in my book. And then obviously the big concrete monsters like the OP got is a great way to go, living pretty close to this last bouts path of destruction I got a first hand look and when the houses & rubble started coming down I saw just how many of those concrete boxes were poking out of the ground no worse for wear.

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
F5 is the shelter we're looking at (garage floor shelter) and they're at the fair with "State Fair Specials", whatever that means. I plan on seeing what they have to offer. The owner (or at least an employee of F5) is a member here, but I don't recall his name. Many members here have F5 shelters from him and all seem to be pretty pleased, though I don't think any of them have had a chance to "test" his products (thankfully). I've compared F5 against GroundZero, FlatSafe, and one or two other similar shelters and F5 definitely gets a chance at my business first.

Ryan and F5 did ours. I highly recommend them. OP's shelter looks great too!

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is exactly the same tornado shelter we got 10 years ago. It is dug into the ground right outside our front porch, and real easy to get to. We've used it 4 times. Twice was real close. Also, we have two NOAH Weather Radios - one in the bedroom and one in the living room. I'm telling you, it takes a ton of worry off our minds having the tornado shelter.

YES, I wanted the worry gone! We ordered right after the Moore tornado but the real push of IT HAS TO BE DONE was the El Reno tornado where I was sitting in Yukon Wal-Mart stressing and knowing my wife and little girl were headed towards another storm trying to get to my parents storm shelter. We live 200' from the town storm shelter but it is at the Public Elementary school and neither of us can imagine going into a hole in the ground with the understanding that when we come up the only things we may have is what is with us and some of those things not be firearms.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
F5, GroundZero and Flatsafe are all winners in my book. And then obviously the big concrete monsters like the OP got is a great way to go, living pretty close to this last bouts path of destruction I got a first hand look and when the houses & rubble started coming down I saw just how many of those concrete boxes were poking out of the ground no worse for wear.

They don't leak, either. Mine's been in the ground 10 years - just like new.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You know, living out here in the outback, so to say, one sees a lot of old, falling down frame houses in abandoned fields. What do they all have in common? Tornado shelters.

Latest posts

Top Bottom