Storm Shelter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExtremistPullup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2 layers of carpet padding and plush carpet
i162.photobucket.com_albums_t245_extremistpullup_547325_10151616ba2b853602d8748797865a428c3c3d.jpg

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got mine in on the 27th. It looks almost the same as yours. The door is a little closer to the center it looks. I think the steps down are a lot better than the ladder type.

Stan Upchurch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We're having an Atlas put in. I have a friend that sat through an F5 Tornado with he, in his chair, his wife, in his lap his Brittany, under his chair and 4 neighbors all standing. When they came out his house was gone. Just a slab. His neighbor across the street lost all of his house, including the shelter that was going to be put in his yard. their shelter was found on a pickup at the end of the street. His neighbors son made and sold shelters. Had mom and dads delivered about six hours be for the storm.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tag to come back to in short order. Anyone have a money grade copier, or a money tree, its just one thing after another right now.....

MuTau007

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ordered from www.AreaSeptic.com out of Elmore City. It was $2700 installed and has the stamped concrete front and powder coated door and stairs as that is the only option they offer. The door also has what seems to be a nice 3 point latch system with a cotter pin hold the latch in place.

That was for the 6'x8' sloped front? You get the additional matching vents and benches? Or just the basic set up?

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finally came today. Lots and lots of waiting, pushed back twice, but it is finally here. I am feeling much better about storm seasons now.

View attachment 32258

I rode out an F3 hit in one just like that in 2010 and my whirlybird disappeared but we were fine and acquired a slightly dented 30x40 shop building!

2 layers of carpet padding and plush carpet
i162.photobucket.com_albums_t245_extremistpullup_547325_10151616ba2b853602d8748797865a428c3c3d.jpg

I installed one of these in a house I ended up selling to a family member at 19th and Western in S. OKC and they were safe as well.

I wouldn't suggest buying a home from me...

Peace_Maker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine goes gets installed on Dec 9th.

I'm wondering your house gets destroyed if you could keep your in ground shelter? Might be a pain in the ass but maybe keep a couple feet of concrete around it and poor the new foundation around it. My next door neighbor dug his up to keep it but this time hes going with the backyard model since his wife was trapped in the garage. Personally I hate the garage ones but I don't have the room in the backyard for a shelter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom