Stripped lowers in OKC area?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure the 15 lowers he purchased 8-24 months ago are not the reason you pay too much now. He along with a lot of others here stock piled them when they were as low as $30 each. I did the same.

I’m not in the buying business anymore, thankfully. To register 15 lowers seems counter-intuitive to the market.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can still backorder Seekins lowers at their regular price... Pricey, but the nicest lowers I've seen. Granted, at the end of the day they get the job done just as my $30 Anderson lowers do.

right_side_1.png

Speaking of backorders, not sure how you feel about Del-Ton uppers, but they are filling backorders relatively quickly (a couple weeks) on most items. Anderson is regularly getting/posting stock as well.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m not in the buying business anymore, thankfully. To register 15 lowers seems counter-intuitive to the market.

You talking about me? I'm sorry, I got lost somewhere. I haven't registered anything, ever. I mean I bought a tax stamp for one lower and one suppressor, but I would opine that is the closest I've gotten to 'registering' anything.

I like to build ARs. They're fun. I have a bunch, I have made a bunch for friends and they reimburse me for the parts I use if I do that. Done it for years when someone comes to me and says, "Hey I want to build/have you build an AR." Cool! Fun stuff, I like researching, buying parts, putting combinations together, helping them customize exactly what they're looking for, etc. I don't think I've ever sold one at a profit, that I can recall, just essentially the cost of the parts.

I did sell a handful really early this year specifically that were just sitting in my safe to collect money to build a new bolt gun. It was a big project and I didn't want to save for 2 years to put it together, so I sold some of my collection at RIDICULOUS low prices by and large - we're talking $400 per complete rifle for a number of them - just to fund my project. Which is 100% in accordance with ATF guidelines, that is, namely, selling my own guns to add to my collection. I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere in their literature. Not being defensive, just clarifying why I have so many lowers.

Matter of fact, most I've ever had at one time was 10 or so, I think, I got down to 5 stripped lowers lately, so I decided to pick up some more specifically due to the election coming up, so I took every penny I've managed to save out of my measly allowance the last few months and spent it on lowers that were 50% more than I paid for the same lowers less than a year ago. Oh well... was worth it to me.

You can still backorder Seekins lowers at their regular price... Pricey, but the nicest lowers I've seen. Granted, at the end of the day they get the job done just as my $30 Anderson lowers do.

right_side_1.png

Speaking of backorders, not sure how you feel about Del-Ton uppers, but they are filling backorders relatively quickly (a couple weeks) on most items. Anderson is regularly getting/posting stock as well.

I agree, I think the Seekins is one of the best-looking lowers out there. I had made up my mind I was gonna build my nice SBR with this one, but ended up choosing a Battle Arms Development billet upper/lower combo at the last minute. Really, really love that one, too.

bad556-lw-upper-and-lower-set-c.jpg

Still wanting one of those Seekins lowers, too, but I agree, my integrated trigger guard poverty ponies work absolutely just as well.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I think from what I've heard our Atwoods has been out of pretty much all the Anderson products for a while. For sure uppers, lowers and BCGs.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
JSE still has plenty of the Anderson integral-trigger stripped lowers for $62.99. While some might not want to pay it, since it is about $20 more than they normally sell for, I still think it is a good deal given 2 weeks to go in an uncertain political environment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom