Students suspended for wearing Confederate flags to protest gay rainbow flag

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, equating gays with pedophiles and beastiality is a pretty facile argument. Most pedophiles are hetrosexual, and the fact is they are nothing more than rapists. What two consenting adults do should be their own business.

I'm guessing since I brought those up this was directed at me, at least maybe indirectly. My point there being that if homosexuals are born with sexual feelings and a desire for members of the same sex, so too should pedophilia and beastiality be considered that way? Forget the whole "consenting adult" stuff; if one has a strong sexual attraction to kids, they can't help the way they feel, right? There was a time homosexuality was looked at with the same distaste. How long before pedophiles are granted the same "tolerance" homosexuals are seeing today? Don't flame me, as I don't "hate gays" or in any way legitimize sick-assed pedophiles, I'm just asking a question. As our society degenerates, how long before the unacceptable becomes the new goal of tolerance? I hope it never comes to that, but then again.....

As for the freaks with animals - those folks should be culled from the population. But I'd posit that those that are only half-assedly killing animals in slaughterhouses, leaving animals to be skinned alive as they go through the line aren't much better than the sick-os who just want to screw them. But that's a whole different topic.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm guessing since I brought those up this was directed at me, at least maybe indirectly. My point there being that if homosexuals are born with sexual feelings and a desire for members of the same sex, so too should pedophilia and beastiality be considered that way? Forget the whole "consenting adult" stuff; if one has a strong sexual attraction to kids, they can't help the way they feel, right? There was a time homosexuality was looked at with the same distaste. How long before pedophiles are granted the same "tolerance" homosexuals are seeing today? Don't flame me, as I don't "hate gays" or in any way legitimize sick-assed pedophiles, I'm just asking a question. As our society degenerates, how long before the unacceptable becomes the new goal of tolerance? I hope it never comes to that, but then again.....

As for the freaks with animals - those folks should be culled from the population. But I'd posit that those that are only half-assedly killing animals in slaughterhouses, leaving animals to be skinned alive as they go through the line aren't much better than the sick-os who just want to screw them. But that's a whole different topic.

You're taking it too far; the next big hurtle will be sibling marriage. I mean why not? Two consenting adults...

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
No CJ, actually it wasn't directed at you purposefully, I didn't remember who said that, although it's a fairly common argument.

I understand what you are saying, and I understand why you would want to draw a comparison, but upon closer examination, the two are very, very different. In the case of a pedophile, you have an individual that is sexually attracted to children. A child cannot CONSENT to sexual activity. Sex without consent is rape. Gays are two consenting adults of the same sex that choose to have sexual relations with one another.

I agree pedophiles are born that way, but protecting children outweighs any arguable "right" that being born that way may imply. The two are just not the same.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No CJ, actually it wasn't directed at you purposefully, I didn't remember who said that, although it's a fairly common argument.

I understand what you are saying, and I understand why you would want to draw a comparison, but upon closer examination, the two are very, very different. In the case of a pedophile, you have an individual that is sexually attracted to children. A child cannot CONSENT to sexual activity. Sex without consent is rape. Gays are two consenting adults of the same sex that choose to have sexual relations with one another.

I agree pedophiles are born that way, but protecting children outweighs any arguable "right" that being born that way may imply. The two are just not the same.

Agreed. I understand the lack of consent of a partner, I was just addressing the underlying cause. Interesting that you see it as I do - that the pedophile is also born with their urges, as disgusting and as unacceptable as their urges may be. I find homosexual behavior repulsive as well, but as you mentioned, as long as it's between two consenting adults, it's their business.

"And it harm none......."

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agreed. I understand the lack of consent of a partner, I was just addressing the underlying cause. Interesting that you see it as I do - that the pedophile is also born with their urges, as disgusting and as unacceptable as their urges may be. I find homosexual behavior repulsive as well, but as you mentioned, as long as it's between two consenting adults, it's their business.

"And it harm none......."

So homosexuality is a mental disability? Something that is conjured up in the depths of sexual sickness? Really?

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So homosexuality is a mental disability? Something that is conjured up in the depths of sexual sickness? Really?

Maybe it's "culturally subjective"?

The American Psychiatric Association (APA) removed homosexuality from its official Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) in 1973. This decision occurred in the context of momentous cultural changes brought on by the social protest movements of the 1950s to the 1970s: beginning with the African-American civil rights movement, then evolving on to the women's and gay rights movements.

http://www.aglp.org/gap/1_history/

And according to the NIH...Commentary on pedophilia diagnostic criteria in DSM-5.

...Were a society to believe that adult-child sexual interactions should not be prohibited, such a difference might not be viewed as a disorder...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21653272

So if a cultural change can make on thing considered a disorder no longer a disorder couldn't it happen with another disorder?

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since no child can consent to sex all sex involving a child is rape right?
Then now that all age restrictions on the Plan B pill have been dropped any child buying it could be considered prima facie evidence of a rape, which is a felony and requires an investigation right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom