Stupid Signs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ever been to Minneapolis area? We went up there and I swear I've never seen so many signs on the side of the road. I swear it was like every 10ft a sign...driving around all I could think about was that ELO song above.

And as said above, so many signs, you end up just ignoring their message as there's so many it would impossible to keep up...almost a driving hazard in and of itself trying to read everything off the side of the road.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the one that had me shaking my head after first moving to Oklahoma. Been to several states and I’ve only seen it here. If I’m reading this correctly the cost for an ODOT worker tag is $10K.
1724113355117.jpeg

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 503897I always thought these signs were stupid with the hinges in the middle. These signs are (where) folded down in the summer months. Are we, as drivers, really so stupid that we need to know when NOT to watch for ice on bridge?

Apparently, some are.

Clay??
This is the one that had me shaking my head after first moving to Oklahoma. Been to several states and I’ve only seen it here. If I’m reading this correctly the cost for an ODOT worker tag is $10K.
View attachment 503904
The trick is to find one actually WORKING, not just shovel leaning.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ever been to Minneapolis area? We went up there and I swear I've never seen so many signs on the side of the road. I swear it was like every 10ft a sign...driving around all I could think about was that ELO song above.

And as said above, so many signs, you end up just ignoring their message as there's so many it would impossible to keep up...almost a driving hazard in and of itself trying to read everything off the side of the road.
And the signs say "Exit 1/5 mile ahead." Minnesota is the only place I've ever driven that puts up 1/5 mile signs.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They used to have “do not drive into smoke” signs on 44 heading to Missouri. That is the only place where I have seen them and not sure if they are still there.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And the signs say "Exit 1/5 mile ahead." Minnesota is the only place I've ever driven that puts up 1/5 mile signs.

There was one area, seemed like every 10 feet

Speed limit 35
Stay off grass
No passing
Zero tolerance
No parking
Shoulder not for passing
Shoulder not for parking
No bikes
No littering
No Loitering
Speed limit 35