Sub gun optic?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Need advice on which optic to put on my newly built mp5, I had a rail mounted in the build process. The only thing I can say is after 8 years with an aimpoint in the air force I'm not a huge fan. I was however looking at the Trijicon RMR and reflex but I've never used one. I have an accu scope on my AR and love the no batteries needed lighted optic.

jc5420

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ran an Aimpoint Micro clone for a shot while, the little size really felt at home. Wished I still had the mp5...

ETA: Had it mounted on a B&T aimpoint low pro mount. Co-Witness worked wonderfully.

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hated the Reflex sight I had. Couldn't see that dot for anything. Even sent it back to Trijicon to repair thinking a bad one got out. To their credit they did fix something wrong with it, but I still couldn't see the damn dot thing.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can probably use an eotech (bleh!)?

The best solution will probably be an aimpoint micro on a B&T low mount. Or just run irons.

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What don't you like about Aimpoints
I only have experience with the full-size, never the micro versions. Just seemed like every single time they were shot with, everyone had to readjust the PoA, they were never taken off just stayed where they were mounted. Now the acog on my DM rifle was always dead on, nvr had to be adjusted at practice or quals and was more than plenty bright in any setting, usually kept a piece of tape over part of the fiber on top because it was to bright in the open sun.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is more about the factory Aimpoint mount. Had same problems on issues optics so last deployment I switched to Larue mount and it fixed it right up. The T-1 and H-1 are pretty much money. You can go with a Bushnell TRS-25 or a Primary Arms T-1 clone for $70-90 and resell if you decide to drop the cash on the real deal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom