Subsonic 22 ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Furious_George

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i got some aguila SE subsonics from brigadoons 2 years ago for $2.15 per 50 round box. only heard good things about it. i'll try to give you a range report on it next time i go out.

Bassin'ForLife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dunno how often they have it, but I got both Aguila SE and the super sniper subsonic stuff at Brigadoon's. So far, out of all of the ammo i've tried for that .22, the Aguila shoots the best.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aguila does shoot best. Had some issues a couple of years ago with pests/varmints. Since I lived in the city limits, but in a rural area, I figured some subsonics would take care of the issue. It didn't. The ammo worked great, the only thing you heard on the rifle was a click and then a thump as the bullet hit it's target. But it never killed them. I just don't think they have much energy.

Got mad and used a bow next time. Just as quite and they were DRT, pinned to the ground.

rw1341

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bass Pro has Remington Subsonic in 500 round bricks (10 fifty round boxes, not bulk) for $37 and some change. I bought one yesterday and they had about 5 bricks left. Half the powder at twice the price.......love it!

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Aguila does shoot best. Had some issues a couple of years ago with pests/varmints. Since I lived in the city limits, but in a rural area, I figured some subsonics would take care of the issue. It didn't. The ammo worked great, the only thing you heard on the rifle was a click and then a thump as the bullet hit it's target. But it never killed them. I just don't think they have much energy.

Got mad and used a bow next time. Just as quite and they were DRT, pinned to the ground.

Danny, It sounds like you were using the Agula "colibri" bullets. They don't have any powder in them and only use the primer material as propellent. While they are sub-sonic. They are only rated for 6 ft # of energy and 375 Fps. for the regular and the super has 11ft# of energy and 500Fps

NOW.... If you look at CCI standard velocity witch is subsonic also it has 102 Ft # of energy and travels at 1070 Fps.

I have personally shot pigeons at point blank range with the super colibri's and they just bounced off but the standard velocity on the other hand was quite lethal at 30+ yards

The whole reason for writing this is to let others reading this better understand that there is a lot more to the energy of a bullet then just the speed

Latest posts

Top Bottom