Super Cheap Vortex Sparc?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd be checking forums for a deal on a used Aimpoint. I have had a couple TRS-25s and they are OK, but my Aimpoints are better in every single way... most notably on clarity (the FOV of the cheaper red dots are typically pretty heavily tinted), and battery life. Plus with an Aimpoint you know that durability is absolutely not an issue. When I bought my AR, it was important to me to get a well built and reliable rifle. I also wonder about people who spend hundreds/thousands to get a nice rifle, and then compromise it by buying cheap crap optics. You can find decent deals on used Aimpoints if you look. They are tough enough that it isn't really an issue to buy used.

egriton

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Order ended up being canceled. The seller claimed that the manufacturer was out of stock. On well. It was worth the attempt for $10. Presumably I'll see the refund on my CC.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback... I'm still pondering, and while perusing aliexpress, I came across:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/HOT-...RC-Sight-For-Hunting-CL2-0053/1664446395.html

It looks like an error on their end, but I'm wondering what they will do about it. For $6 + shipping, I'm going to gamble.

If, however, anyone sees a SPARC for sale, plz let me know. The best price I can find is Palmetto @ 149.

39 day shipping guarantee. Must be using a "slow boat from China".

egriton

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've order a fair number of things on ebay that way and it is annoying. For a few bucks more, some ship by air.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd be checking forums for a deal on a used Aimpoint. I have had a couple TRS-25s and they are OK, but my Aimpoints are better in every single way... most notably on clarity (the FOV of the cheaper red dots are typically pretty heavily tinted), and battery life. Plus with an Aimpoint you know that durability is absolutely not an issue. When I bought my AR, it was important to me to get a well built and reliable rifle. I also wonder about people who spend hundreds/thousands to get a nice rifle, and then compromise it by buying cheap crap optics. You can find decent deals on used Aimpoints if you look. They are tough enough that it isn't really an issue to buy used.

This is exactly the same mentality and experience that I have.

tobyboy

Dullshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Palmetto state has a deal right now its 408.99 for Aimpoint Pro. Enter coupon "PRO" for extra $39.00 off and they have free shipping with item over $50.00 but not sure how fast or long it will take you to get your items hearing there shipping problems.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got to be honest, I've never seen a sub-$100 Legit used Aimpoint. I was buying/selling Aimpoints and EOTechs for a bit but the risk of ending up with a fake is mighty high when doing so online and most I saw were in the $200-$300 range.

I know if I buy a Primary Arms or Vortex from a known dealer that I'm getting a real P/A or Vortex and they do everything I need them to and are reliable enough for what I do with them (all my Carbines have irons as well, so it's not that big of a deal for me to have everlasting battery life and fall-off-a-cliff reliability).

I do, however, think buying cheapie clones is a bad idea. IMO, There are too many good (known/proven) options out there for well under $100 for me to waste my time/money on something that likely won't work, won't have any level of customer service, and will be a pain to return if it does fail.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The best "cheap" red dot I have had experience with, is the TRS-25. Out of it, the primary arms and the sparc, it was the best IMO. It had the least amount of green tint and I like the knob controls on it. I have one mounted on my m&p 15-22 and really like it.

egriton

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, it took a few weeks, but my Chinese "Vortex" Sparc has arrived. Time will tell whether it holds its zero, but so far it seems solid, works properly, and the red dot is small enough that it probably is 2 MOA as advertized.

I still suspect that these are coming out of the same factor that make the branded Sparcs. I've seen this sort of thing before with, for example, the lasermax pistol lasers.
Anyone interested, check out aliexpress. My guess is that in the next few years, this site will start to seriously compete with ebay. Prices are excellent for all the crap that is made in China already -- just fewer middlemen to take their cut.

Latest posts

Top Bottom