Super quiet round for nuisance animals.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
22 caliber pellet rifle. Find the slowest advertised FPS then buy the heaviest pellets you can find. Screw a 2 liter bottle on the end with a 1/2” hole drilled where the first round marks and paint it black wrappped in a T-shirt if you have your ninja credz
Other than a bow as mentioned above or stepping into NFA your still going to make a bit of noise.
Health tip-grab a bat and give chase!
Cardio!!!
Best of luck

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They CB are the way to go. However, as joegrizzy said, revolvers are noisy. A rifle is much quieter. Long barrel is better. And it gets the job done.

This.

I use CCI Quiet (7xx FPS) out if a 27" Winchester Model 67 when I'm shooting trapped raccoons in my deer stand locations (jerks eat all my corn). It is the equivalent of stepping on a 1" oak branch.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@neokshooter I've got 80 rounds of Aguila .22 Colibri (primer only I believe) that are sitting here collecting dust if you want them.

Shoot me a PM if interested and I'm sure we can work something out.........FTF in Norman.

colibri.jpg

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shoot both Colibri 20gr 420fps and 520fps through a suppressed bolt action 77/22. The only sound you hear is a hammer click, and the hollow thump of it hitting the body. They feed fine off of the rotary mag, but I don't think you will be taking a cat out with a single shot unless it is extremely well aimed. I've witnessed a squirrel take 3 rounds to the body and still moving very well. To the head or chest it is pretty effective.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
@neokshooter I've got 80 rounds of Aguila .22 Colibri (primer only I believe) that are sitting here collecting dust if you want them.

Shoot me a PM if interested and I'm sure we can work something out.........FTF in Norman.

View attachment 251703
This is the ticket. Especially in a rifle. In my 25” barreled CZ 452 trainer it’s quieter than a BB gun in my opinion. If you time it with a car driving by, your neighbor mowing, or a door slamming no one would ever know. Or just shoot it from within your house through an open window, designated marksman style.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any .22 round and a suppressor.
My dad grew show roses for contests. The bed was mulched with cotton seed hulls. Cats loved to get in there to take care of their "business".
Dad would open the window about a foot, stand on the other side of the room and shoot through the gap in the window to kill the cat. One could stand outside and barely hear the report. No suppressor used, just a pump action .22 rimfire.
Later in life I did the same at the rent house next door to our first home. Cats found an opening under the rent house and started breeding. My shop was 20'X24', well insulated. The side door had a sliding window. I did the same as dad did by using a tripod on the back side of the shop, shooting out the gap in the window.
Now, living in the country, there is no limit! :hey3: Carnage is the objective.....

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was at work one day and the wife calls the shop and tells me she heard gun shots.
I told her call 911 and she said she did call 911 and they told her it is a neighborly dispute and nothing they can do about it.

We lived in Spencer at the time.
I told her that is great news!!!
She said : WHAT?

I told her we can shoot guns in the neighborhood and it is not going to get us in trouble.
I killed a lot of cats with my pump 177 cal bb gun and with my Ben Pearson Target Master Recurve but now I will use a .22 rifle.

Nice deal.

If you reload ammo I have a dandy .308 quiet load.

Latest posts

Top Bottom