Suppressed .22 project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The FV-SR is a sweet little rifle. But, I've gotta say my 93r17 is funner with the can. I don't know what it is I just love it.

i306.photobucket.com_albums_nn269_dustingaunder_Guns_20and_20Related_Rimfire_e19b2f05.jpg

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 on the Savage FVSR. SICK accurate and SICK quiet with my SWR Spectre. It is creepy...but cool....for the sound of the round hitting paper down range to be louder than the shot.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Besides the stock I have two complaints. Threads are too long. Come on people, .400" is the standard. And the finish on the metal is pretty meh. A little more polishing would be nice. I'm not talking high luster blue smith & wesson stuff. Just make it not look like trash.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Besides the stock I have two complaints. Threads are too long. Come on people, .400" is the standard. And the finish on the metal is pretty meh. A little more polishing would be nice. I'm not talking high luster blue smith & wesson stuff. Just make it not look like trash.

I would agree with that. The factory stock is so flimsy that the medium heavy barrel profile makes it very noseheavy. If the threads were as tight as the Class II threads that S&H Arms does, I'd want it shorter. Since they're not, I appreciate the extra length, just in case the can backs off and I don't catch it right away (not likely with the "O" ring on the Sparrow). I've been thinking about sanding my metal down and have the whole gun Cerakoated. It would look 100% better and offer better corrosion resistance. Even with that and the Boyd's stock, it'll still be one of the cheaper suppressor platforms I have, and it's a tack driver. :)

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
The FV-SR is a sweet little rifle. But, I've gotta say my 93r17 is funner with the can. I don't know what it is I just love it.

i306.photobucket.com_albums_nn269_dustingaunder_Guns_20and_20Related_Rimfire_e19b2f05.jpg

I agree, the .17 was wicked fun with the can. The "whistle-thump" was too cool.

I did notice the finish was kinda lack luster. But it wasn't an even matte finish either.

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just added some GAP camo to my new FVSR rifle this evening. It was my first attempt and came out ok I think.
I also used some carbon fiber reinforced gasket to bed the action.

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom