Supreme Court backs Hobby Lobby

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I will be the voice of dissent here. While I normally agree with things that fly in the face of Obama, this is not one of them. A corporation is not a person, period. They don't get to make these types of decisions for their employees.

Look at this way- you work for a company that provides healthcare, but the owner is a Jehovah's Witness and doesn't believe in antibiotics so by this ruling, they could withhold paying for your antibiotics.

You either provide health care coverage unencumbered or not. It is that simple. Yes, the employees can go get another job, but this goes against EVERYTHING I believe in. A corporation is NOT A PERSON! A business should not be allowed to have religious views and force that onto their employees.

I do not give a crap about the birth control topic, but this will lead to other issues giving corporations control over how we live our lives. Your boss will be able to tell you how to live, and that is BS.

FWIW, the Justices stated that this decision applies only to the birth control mandate. Of which, the companies are allowing to pay for several forms of birth control, from what I understand, just not the ones that are applied after conception.

SeanO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem here isn't whether or not businesses should be able to be exempt or not. The problem is forcing businesses to offer health care.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All laws should be applied equally and justly, no special treatment.

Agreed. By that token, employers with a single employee should be required to provide the exact same level as employers with 10,000 employees. Likewise, unions shouldn't be exempt either. Congress should be required to follow the exact same laws and get the exact same coverage, as should the president. Every American should've recieved the exact saame treatment under Obamacare on the same day. Equal treatment being equal and whatnot.

But that's not how it works now is it? :)

If it were, Obamacare would've never made it out of committee. You just stated the perfect argument for it to have never been enacted in the first place. :(

mksmth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FWIW, the Justices stated that this decision applies only to the birth control mandate. Of which, the companies are allowing to pay for several forms of birth control, from what I understand, just not the ones that are applied after conception.

thats what I understand also. Its all about the morning after pill.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They are certainly required to pay taxes like people, so why not?

By your logic that would give one person 2 votes. The company gets a vote and the company owner(s) gets votes. Companies are not people.

We "The Company" of the United States, in order to form a more perfect Union.........just doesnt make sense does it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom