Swedish FSRs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice! Are you sure that's maple, though? In the pics, it looks like walnut. The Hellqvist diopter isn't one often seen - I've come across only two, myself. Now that you've gotten your representative FSR rifle, what's next - a CG competition rifle? :wink2:

Dirty Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there any way you could post a full pic of it ??? Was the bolt polished when you got it ??? I dont know much about old guns, but is this considered a Mauser ??? I have one that looks the same and it has the spanish writing on it. CVIEDO 1924 I need the floor plate and mag spring follower. They made so many diff. versions I dont know which ones will fit what.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice! Are you sure that's maple, though? In the pics, it looks like walnut. The Hellqvist diopter isn't one often seen - I've come across only two, myself. Now that you've gotten your representative FSR rifle, what's next - a CG competition rifle? :wink2:

Oh geez, Todd, you are correct! The stock is walnut not maple. No idea why I typed that. An nah, I don't think I'll pick up a CG comp rifle though one would be nice. I really wanted an FSR 96 so I'm good for now.

Is there any way you could post a full pic of it ??? Was the bolt polished when you got it ??? I dont know much about old guns, but is this considered a Mauser ??? I have one that looks the same and it has the spanish writing on it. CVIEDO 1924 I need the floor plate and mag spring follower. They made so many diff. versions I dont know which ones will fit what.

Sounds like you have a Spanish Mauser. I don't know much about them but surely some of the guys here on OSA will. But to answer your questions, this is a Swedish M96 FSR rifle. The FSR examples were in the hands of civilians and used for shooting competitions. They were military rifles but modified with diopter rear sights. The bolts were in the white from the factory and the first few thousand rifles were made by Mauser in Germany and then the manufacturing was transferred to Sweden. They are in 6.5x55 and are among the nicest military Mausers made. Don't get interested in Swedes unless you don't mind owning 3 or 4. ;)

Last edited:

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

You have an Oviedo. They are Spanish and great guns! Does it have a crown on it? It is probably 7x57.

Dirty Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It does have the crown on top of the OVIEDO. The bolt is pretty loose. Kinda sloppy feeling. Or just very well broke in. I just heard about TK supply and was going to go see if they had any floor plates and springs,but with work I will be busy for the next couple of weeks. I am just going to order it from ebay. My stock has been cut down and some red stripe painted on the back. With the stock looking like crap has anyone ever put the ATI mss1500 on one. Im wanting to use this for a deer rifle. I will try and post pics tomorrow in another thread. Sorry flatwins for mucking up the Swede thread with a spainyard.

Last edited:

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It does have the crown on top of the OVIEDO. The bolt is pretty loose. Kinda sloppy feeling. Or just very well broke in. I just heard about TK supply and was going to go see if they had any floor plates and springs,but with work I will be busy for the next couple of weeks. I am just going to order it from ebay. My stock has been cut down and some red stripe painted on the back. With the stock looking like crap has anyone ever put the ATI mss1500 on one. Im wanting to use this for a deer rifle. I will try and post pics tomorrow in another thread. Sorry flatwins for mucking up the Swede thread with a spainyard.

No worries, Dave. TK Supply is a pretty cool shop and they ~may~ have some Mauser parts. If you get downtown to their shop they are not easy to find since they are in the back part of another shop called Tulsa Scenic. On your Spanish- from what I understand some were 7x57 and others were rebarreled in .308. Once you determine the caliber you might want to run headspace gauges in it to see if it is within spec. I've seen those ATI stocks on eBay but have never seen one in person. If it's the one I'm thinking of it has an integrated scope rail.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dave, I have a Spanish, although mine's a short rifle. If you have any specific questions, and pictures, post them up. On a new thread, of course.

Latest posts

Top Bottom