Tacital versions of ww2 guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Its new thread time. I just got into a new thing (its new for me). If been seeing ww2 guns like m1 garand, fg42 and the m1 carbine with tactical makeovers. I like it 😃. Maby the zombie theme is finally over. I hope the next "theme" is like all really tactical. So yall gimme some feedback on tactical ww2 style guns. Im pretty young so im all for tactical, and my dads generation isnt really about tactical.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
In my opinion, I think they look kind of ugly when they are tacticooled. The only one I have seen that isn't an eyesore, like the FG-42, is the stG44.

That is just my opinion though. I like my WWII firearms original. ;)

doorgunner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As far as I was aware, they were all used in combat, thus they are all tactical. Now, are you meaning tacti"cool"? A garand is a garand, if you want it to be something else, then you need to look at a m-14(m1a). Enjoy things for what they are. This is coming from a 34 year old guy who loves his AR-15, m-9 and FAL.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As far as I was aware, they were all used in combat, thus they are all tactical. Now, are you meaning tacti"cool"? A garand is a garand, if you want it to be something else, then you need to look at a m-14(m1a). Enjoy things for what they are. This is coming from a 34 year old guy who loves his AR-15, m-9 and FAL.

This...

Look, if you want to cut a gun up, there are plenty of guns with no historical significance that you can alter. For my kids and grand kids sake, leave the WW2 and other such guns alone.

OKC_Jim

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my opinion, I think they look kind of ugly when they are tacticooled.

Yep.

A garand is a garand, if you want it to be something else, then you need to look at a m-14(m1a).

Yep.

Look, if you want to cut a gun up, there are plenty of guns with no historical significance that you can alter. For my kids and grand kids sake, leave the WW2 and other such guns alone.

Amen.

Now, if we are talking non-permanent alterations, that isn't really my cup of tea, but at least it can be undone by a future owner. Don't ruin 70 years of history for a few minutes of imagined 'coolness'.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
as long as you don't cut,grind or saw anything. the only things you SHOULD do with historical artifacts is shoot them,study them and clean them.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Tactical is a buzz word used to sell crap to people. It usually just means black. In the army, I can't really recall the word tactical being used to describe an object.

Latest posts

Top Bottom