Tacital versions of ww2 guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I shoudve metioned the m1 carbine and fg42 tacticool are new made. Ya i dont wanna take a 70 year old gun and change it but i dont have a problem if it is newly made. Example being the fg42 that are new made tacticool. I didnt think about my thread being read as changing old guns. Thats not what i intended

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Taking an old military firearm and destroying it in order to try to turn it into an AR 15 is a horrible thing to do. Now taking a newly made version of an old favorite and doing the whole "tacticool" thing is another story, have at it.

ch1966

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think an Aimpoint on an Ultimak Scout Rail is a good match for an M1 Carbine. YMMV...

30CarbAimpoint3.jpg M1C_ultimak_T1_9048.jpg

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Taking an old military firearm and destroying it in order to try to turn it into an AR 15 is a horrible thing to do. Now taking a newly made version of an old favorite and doing the whole "tacticool" thing is another story, have at it.

Taking any firearm and trying to turn it into an AR-15 is a travesty, but seems to be the current fad (look at many online pics of AK-pattern rifles, for instance). Doing it to historically significant firearms is even worse. As has been said, as long as it can be easily undone, or is on a new copy of one of these rifles, then no big deal.

Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it's a cool idea. While I personally prefer the badassness of a M1G or M1A just as they were built (nothing wrong with the american muscle they are)... But I've seen some ridiculously cool mods and stocks for a different crowd. Modify at will sir, it would be next to impossible to make something as badass as a Garand anything but awesome.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
yes, the turnbull is a beautiful gun. can you imagine what that thing weighs though?! steel to be case hardened and wood furniture, easily a 13 pound gun. that being said, i'd take one in a second if money were no object.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I shoudve metioned the m1 carbine and fg42 tacticool are new made. Ya i dont wanna take a 70 year old gun and change it but i dont have a problem if it is newly made. Example being the fg42 that are new made tacticool. I didnt think about my thread being read as changing old guns. Thats not what i intended

whew! i'm glad you clarified that. new modern repros,hack away!

Latest posts

Top Bottom