Talk to Me About CZ P01 vs CZ PCR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spilla

New to the site!
Banned
Reaction score
As I’ve read; the P-01 has improved metallurgy, and some of them have/had a federal NSN (National Stock Number).

Now, I personally see little need for a rail on a carry gun, but man, you gotta admit that P-01 is one fine looking and aesthetic handgun. You put a set of CZ thin grips on that baby and it just gets better. I had an older CZ-75 Compact a few years ago, in the duo-tone finish, and it was just a beautiful looking and fine shooting pistol. I foolishly traded it off and have regretted it ever since. My only real complaint with most CZ pistols is the trigger; it’s gritty as they come off the line, and set way to far forward (excessive reach) for my liking. Both are fixable of course, and after a trip to Cajun Gun Works, I don’t believe you could buy a better pistol. I do not need another carry gun, but the darn things are calling my name yet again. May have to give in so the nightmares will stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been using a PCR for my EDC for four years now. Upgrade the sights and get the Cajun Gun Works Standard package to upgrade the trigger. I added some LOC grips to mine to throw a little color on it. It is the most reliable handgun I've ever carried, a tack driver, and pretty all in one. You will not be dissapointed

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had the pcr with cajun pkg and upgraded sights and it was a favorite. Liked everything about it but as I grew older and my hands became arthritic I found it difficult to operate with the small slide. I could handle a SIG easily but not the PCR.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been using a PCR for my EDC for four years now. Upgrade the sights and get the Cajun Gun Works Standard package to upgrade the trigger. I added some LOC grips to mine to throw a little color on it. It is the most reliable handgun I've ever carried, a tack driver, and pretty all in one. You will not be dissapointed
Holy four year old thread batman!!

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The original P 01 went through hell and back durability and reliability testing when it was in competition for military contracts, supposedly loaded pistols were dropped from altitude onto a concrete runway to test fire control and safety integrity and all submitted passed. In KC Kansas, CZ distribution and armorers do their thing. Nice guys who shared models on a local range to fire.
An OD green P01 shot so good for me, love the trigger and magwell reloading ease

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had the pcr with cajun pkg and upgraded sights and it was a favorite. Liked everything about it but as I grew older and my hands became arthritic I found it difficult to operate with the small slide. I could handle a SIG easily but not the PCR.

Buddy, it is a remarkable pistol you sold me! Joel was a straight up guy, he even congratulated me on buying this Cajun PCR from you ”LBnM“. He was going to buy it if I had not responded faster. I enjoyed every minute I spent with Joel. RIP.

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heres the best way I can describe the difference between the PCR and P-01. The PCR is basically a compact 75BD with an alloy frame and no rail. The P-01 is a compact SP-01 (rail and steel frame). Both are smooth-shooting and reliable but have some stiff factory triggers

Trooper Joe

Marksman
Reaction score
I just sold my Sig 228 (one of the first ones imported in 1989) but I will never sell my PCR. I have set mine up with these Custom Shop grips and the Mecgar 15 round mags. I don't mind the sights at all. I just put white sight paint on the front dot and two rear dots. Most guy don't like three dot sights for some reason, but they work great for me.

(This photo doesn't show the 15 round mag. It does show a 16 round with a bumper. I like the 15 round mag better. Lots of choices.)

Trooper Joe

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom