Talk me into buying a Glock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cboss

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would appreciate any input from any Glock fans out there. As I have been looking at adding a subcompact striker fired pistol to my carry rotation for business casual wear, my initial thoughts were a Canik TP9SFc, SAR9c, or a Walther PPS or CCP. It occurred to me that I neglected to consider one of the most popular manufacturers in the world, Glock. I have previously owned 2 Glocks before, a G31 Gen3 and a G19 Gen4 and sold them after a few months, simply because I didn't shoot them as well as I did my M&P or my CZ's. I'm wondering if I should give Glock another try and have been considering a G27, because while the .40 may not be as popular as it was a decade ago, I still have faith in the round and I have a lot of .40 laying around because my nightstand gun is my M&P40.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picture yourself holding one of these, and you’ll know why a lot of folks don’t care for Glocks ;)

99705B67-03EC-4002-A0D8-ED7CAF321993.jpeg

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For concealability vs firepower, I think the glock 43x is amazing...in my particular case I go back & fourth because I believe the ONE glock is a G26 and it can accept larger mags, use x-grips, and be made into any gun you need quickly. So if you could carry a G26 with an OEM +2 extension comfortably, then its the ONE. But otherwise, if you want max thinness but still want to be able to make a 25yrd shot, then the 43x with better sights installed of course.

Word is though on the gen-5, they have a tighter chamber with the marksman barrel and need break-in with hot ammo to guarantee that glock reliability. Although, technically the 43x is a gen-5 and I've not had any issues.

If you already own plenty of other 9mm, then get the 43x and run it with OEM mags for reliability, but if you want ONE 9mm in your safe, get the G26 and use x-grip or factory +2 mags.

Glock is the Mossberg 500 and/or AK of pistols...not as polished, but still the best choice for the money to go to war with if you ever had to.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I really like the gen5 versions. I have gone to the Slimline Glocks (G48) exclusively for now, but you won't find one in 40 cal.

Glocks are great tools but they're not for everyone.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The newer ones are less brick-like...they have the bull-nosed slide and the double stacks have the back straps...I LOVE the longer beavertail back strap. They fit a variety of hand sizes now and the finger grooves are no longer an issue on gen-5.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The newer ones are less brick-like...they have the bull-nosed slide and the double stacks have the back straps...I LOVE the longer beavertail back strap. They fit a variety of hand sizes now and the finger grooves are no longer an issue on gen-5.
Just have to put up with the firing pin rattle, but as long as you have keys/change in your pocket to drowned it out, it's not an issue.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glocks are great tools but they're not for everyone.

Agree. ↑↑

There's no doubt that they are dependable guns and I've tried to like them twice (G21 & G17) but they weren't my cup of tea so I sent them down the road.......just never could get used to the striker fired trigger vs my 1911's and revolvers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom